sharetrader
Page 10 of 93 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast
    Share Collector

Maybe it is also the typical age profile for the purchasers at BGR who might be a bit older than Glassons customers?

I am surprised to find how many times my teenage daughters now ask me to undertake on-line transactions for them to buy clothes - not something I thought would end up being so popular on-line due to the difficulty of fitting them. But since they can shop that way without driving anywhere (only one has a restricted licence so far) and they don't have to deal with the realities of grumpy shop assistants and security bag searches, they seem to prefer it. Oh, and they can shop during their awake time - which sometimes seems to barely over-lap with normal business hours during school holidays!

lol Lizard. I think a few also have highly accurate online fitting options designed for these people.

What a great result. Given the pressures on retail Briscoes have been able to continue margin growth (albeit small). impressive sales increases... I don't hold but I'm pleasantly surprised by these guys. growth going forward will be harder to establish but with macro themes in their favour at the moment I'm sure their run of good returns will not be stopped for some time.

Also, its easy to think that the internet and online will destroy business for these traditional brick and mortar companies. I 've got to say that online is a competitive world FOR EVERYONE. Briscoes+ the warehouse could all BENEFIT and actually gain profit margins and growth from a strong move into the online market. It will help with stock turnover rates, cut down staffing costs and depreciation of a website is hardly equal to that of tangible assets. Those you work effectively in the online sphere will reap the benefits.
    Last edited by benjitara; 30-01-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Veteran novice

So what do online buyers think of the Briscoes' online "branch"?

Personally, we're able to visit their stores for the occasional toaster, jug, pot or pan but appreciate that some may need to go the online way and have them delivered. How competitive, for example, is their delivery system with other online vendors of homewares - which is, after all, the mainstay of their business?

I hold a few.

Veteran novice

Meanwhile, BGR delivers its expected 10% profit increase and an increased final dividend.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...day:dailybrief

Every result is a dull as the one before it. Increased revenue, increased profit, challenging environment etc etc. Can't they get interesting like The Warehouse is?

I'm glad I hold BGR

Veteran novice

Another "boring" quarter from BGR!

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11248416

Do holders of BGR expect any SP appreciation any time soon? It appears to be very flat over the past year. Or are you all content with a dividend stream?

I'm puzzled by the non-movement in SP given they seem to be doing the right things. The brief increase in March seems to be just a tease.

Disc: Not holding

Why This company led by Rod are great retailers

Read about Rebel Sports new TV ad
    http://www.stoppress.co.nz/blog/2014...ent-1423794624

At least watch the video Ode to Winter starring Brad Thorne

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    Every result is a dull as the one before it. Increased revenue, increased profit, challenging environment etc etc. Can't they get interesting like The Warehouse is?

I'm glad I hold BGR
    When will Briscoes release some results that are different so I can type something different?!!!! So boring!!!