sharetrader
Page 16 of 93 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    You need to be born with that flair for retailing ...have it running through your veins

Almost impossible to be picked up by going to Harvard (or any top management school)
    Well the online dept certainly have something running through their veins, with online sales up a HUGE 40%.
    That's Incredible.

Hard to argue against that assessment. Not many have their finger on the pulse as well as Rod. Still, give Xavier some credit Madcuffy, he's only been in the role a year but seems to be doing a good job so far.

I'm not a holder in the stock but boy I love these reports. Rod must be one of the best in the business. Long may it continue. Well done to holders.

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Stunning announcement today

An economy on fire and Briscoes capitalise on that big time - and on the latest sales data taking share from others

He a guru - that Rod. A man with retail in his blood - no need for a Harvard MBA or that sort of stuff.
    Totally agree with you. The man's a real legend of retail.

Some time ago I read that the most profitable companies are characteristically not the most profit oriented.

The feeling was that great businesses are created by people who love doing business rather than by people who love making money.

That seems to sum up Rod Duke
    Last edited by winner69; 10-08-2016 at 05:13 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

He pretty amazing that Rod .....and Briscoes

https://www.nzx.com/files/attachments/243876.pdf

Rod Duke, Group Managing Director, said: “We are very pleased to finish this first half with strong growth recorded in sales, gross profit and bottom line profit. To post a record first half profit result representing growth in excess of 30%, despite the ongoing competitiveness of the retail environment and the impact on winter-dependent categories with the late start to the colder months, is a great achievement for the team.
    Last edited by winner69; 19-09-2016 at 12:01 PM.

I want some!

Guru

Wandering around Rebel in Qtown (Frankton) today, was struck by the number of surf casting rods they had there!

not or the place where I would have thought they sold many? Maybe the lake gets a little more rough than I thought, and maybe the fishermen are particularly optimistic......

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    Wandering around Rebel in Qtown (Frankton) today, was struck by the number of surf casting rods they had there!

not or the place where I would have thought they sold many? Maybe the lake gets a little more rough than I thought, and maybe the fishermen are particularly optimistic......
    It is amazing how many people in Queenstown travel 2+ hrs to go to Invercargill, the Catlins, Dunedin... to see the amazing ocean. Don't forget those Fiord Fishing cruises. A good central location to those smaller places nearby?

Normalised npat up 19% for year - another great result for Rod

Q4 sales growth not that high but Rod said taking care of margins was the priority.

No wonder share price up 45% last 52 weeks

He a good guy that Rod.