sharetrader
Page 24 of 93 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast
    percy

Quote Originally Posted by SCOTTY View Post
    Percy. You’re wasting your time promoting www.estaronline.com. As you and I know it is a very successful unlisted public company but completely ignored except for its clients: ie Briscoes, Rebel Sports, Living and Giving, David Jones, Country Road, Freedom, Bed Bath and Beyond, Witchery, Swanndri, Smith’s City........................just to name a few ��
    Loved the.....................just to name a few..

ahhh yes, it appears my memory is still living in 2014!

filthy

Quote Originally Posted by dragonz View Post
    Revenue was was up 17% but earnings was still around the 2015 mark. Increased revenue with stagnant earnings is a sign of increasing competition and revenue growth at the expense of profit margins. Cash reserves are dwindling also. Its going to be an uphill battle for HGL to continue to build sales volumes without compromising profitability.

On the positive side ASB margins has them as a lower risk then BGP (though liquidity could be a reason) and the share price is well supported. Great dividends though even if there is a slight downgrade.

I feel a delisting in BGP's future. Dividend upgrade and plenty of room for capital growth
    Well that again is not particularly accurate. They are projecting a 50% increase in profit for the first half driven by significantly improved margin AND sales. Now whether or not that is sustainable into future years is another question but HLG has undoubtedly had an amazing half year in an extremely challenging environment. Given poor historical performance in Australia they also have room for growth in the future.

Anyway as stated I believe both shares are good value. HLG is the more risky of the two at the current SP imo but has more upside.

Good debate. HLG due for a market update and forecast next week. Lets see how the numbers look then pick it up again from there. I think a few people might get a big surprise with how robust things are.
    Last edited by Beagle; 03-02-2018 at 08:55 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Banned

BGP one of two stocks up today

Advanced Member

BGP deposited $1,193.75c into my account. The statement on my account says......LMS O/A BRISC BRISCOE GROU................$1,193.17c. I had 26,155 shares. At 11.5c div = $3007.83c. Does this mean I was taxed $1,814.66c on $3007.83c?

my divi came through okay mate. same transaction description (& no issues at all with it)....

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    BGP deposited $1,193.75c into my account. The statement on my account says......LMS O/A BRISC BRISCOE GROU................$1,193.17c. I had 26,155 shares. At 11.5c div = $3007.83c. Does this mean I was taxed $1,814.66c on $3007.83c?
    That doesn't seem right See weed.

I own BGP shares under myself and a company and received:

Personal - 67% of gross dividend (Net Div less 5% RWT)
    Company - 72% of gross dividend (Net Div)

I would check online with the Share registry

Banned

no sign of my divi yet. should I be worried?

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by dragonz View Post
    no sign of my divi yet. should I be worried?
    Have you checked your email since then ? My advice from the registry was timed at 4.21pm. Seems to be in order.