sharetrader
Page 52 of 93 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    You might be able to find it here Bull
    https://www.pressreader.com/category/business/en/nz
    Thanks for the link. An interesting read.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by emearg View Post
    I wasn't aware they ever had? And I've been a holder for almost twenty years. But I may have just missed it/forgotten
    That would be news to me, too. But a bigger slice of KMD would a possibility IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Do they have a shareholding in WHS still?
    What about MHJ?

AFAIK never held stakes in either.

new article worth a read with nice vid of Rod
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...PJSRIWT36T75Q/

Investor

I doubt Rod would be eying any listed Retail acquisitions after his experience with KMD.
    He’s more likely go for small/medium ones which are more aligned to their core business.

Okay just red the press reader article.

so rod is currently in discussion for two potential take over offers for other retail businesses. Now while I am happy about this I’m also feeling pretty salty this wasn’t disclosed to the market and if it wasn’t for that post and figuring out the horrible UI of the pressreader site I never would have been any the wiser.

two potential retail takeover targets though hmmm...
    neither of them to compete with briscoes or rebel, wonder what they could be?

good post, sb9 I agree I do not think they will be nzx listed and believe more likely to be small to mid size
    Last edited by Mr Slothbear; 19-12-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    Okay just red the press reader article.

so rod is currently in discussion for two potential take over offers for other retail businesses. Now while I am happy about this I’m also feeling pretty salty this wasn’t disclosed to the market and if it wasn’t for that post and figuring out the horrible UI of the pressreader site I never would have been any the wiser.

two potential retail takeover targets though hmmm...
    neither of them to compete with briscoes or rebel, wonder what they could be?
    Probably not material ...just small bolt on outfits

Been interested in home decorating in the past ...might still be keen....one possible outfit looks a bit like some of his stores
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Probably not material ...just small bolt on outfits

Been interested in home decorating in the past ...might still be keen....one possible outfit looks a bit like some of his stores
    Something like Guthrie Bowron? Resene?

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Something like Guthrie Bowron? Resene?

both those would fit well I think but I would have thought both to be of a size that would be material.

likewise could also see something like mountain warehouse fitting well with a possible future divestment of KMD later down the line.

even though it wouldn’t really fit neatly, PB tech is one retailer I would absolutely love to own. They’re the only retailer I’ve seen do bigger better sales than Briscoes and one of the few shops I actually love visiting. They’ve been growing fast, just opened the new store in Christchurch.

NZX listed company wouldn’t surprise me. A cash + share offer, where Rod maintains over 50% control. This would increase liquidity and get it into the NZX50. Australian companies are also certainly possible. I don’t see KMD being an option after the Ripcurl purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Slothbear View Post
    both those would fit well I think but I would have thought both to be of a size that would be material.

likewise could also see something like mountain warehouse fitting well with a possible future divestment of KMD later down the line.

even though it wouldn’t really fit neatly, PB tech is one retailer I would absolutely love to own. They’re the only retailer I’ve seen do bigger better sales than Briscoes and one of the few shops I actually love visiting. They’ve been growing fast, just opened the new store in Christchurch.
    PB Tech would be a great buy. Another option might be Millers? Or maybe one of the garden centre chains?