sharetrader
Page 77 of 106 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast

Yes I was about to say the same myself.
    This is the market at work...one man's trash is another's treasure. I am very comfortable with our transparent and continuously disclosed market doing what it does... offering opportunities to buy and sell. Trademe for shares!.
    Note also that BRM LTD KFL LTD and MLN LTD are individual corporate companies...they only hire stock picking from Fisher funds. They have independent boards and staff. You are welcome to nominate yourself for the board if you feel change is needed!

Investments

Thanks for your encouragement mates . Big fish eats small fish works well everywhere ...

Trying to suggest to look after untrained investors ....

Also who says I cant work with this system or dont like golden opportunities given to me by these funds at the cost of .... Thought fairer market will help expand equity culture in NZ also ...we have only 5% stocks investors compared to 60-80% in other countries ...maybe now I know why so ...lol

I think you are trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. The listed pie funds and unlisted unit funds invest in approximately the same underlying stocks but they operate in different ways to meet different needs. They do this to suit investor preferences. The unit funds don't suit me and others for reasons of liquidity and pricing opportunity.
    Nothing to do with big fish vs small fish although I do note that barramundi and marlin are both fish and they look like tasty ones to me.
    Last edited by SPC; 08-11-2020 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    The most efficient stock market investment for lay or even market savvy investors is NZG which has exactly same composition as our headline index without any caps of maximum 5% like FNZ ...it follows our index fully ...if market up 2% NZG is up 2% . It has fund charges of only 0.2 % compared to KFL 1.5 % plus performance fees of 1.25% almost every alternate year.
    An even cheaper option for the equivalent of NZG might be the Simplicity fund outside of KiwiSaver at 0.10% fund charges (plus $20 pa). Of course you have to put up with Sam Stubbs and his overreaching holier than thou approach (now he's no longer an active manager) and no SKC, ZEL or GNE (from memory). I was briefly with Simplicity KiwiSaver but the sanctimonious walk on water approach became a bit too much.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...887/334658.pdf

Interesting disclosure. Looks like the dog is in good company. Carmel Fisher is pretty astute judge of a good opportunity and has been buying up the Barramundi warrants, more than 1.2 million at 13 cents. No prizes for guessing what I have also been doing
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investments

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...887/334658.pdf

Interesting disclosure. Looks like the dog is in good company. Carmel Fisher is pretty astute judge of a good opportunity and has been buying up the Barramundi warrants, more than 1.2 million at 13 cents. No prizes for guessing what I have also been doing
    Very interesting !!
    Last edited by alokdhir; 09-11-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alokdhir View Post
    Think she bought ordinary shares BRM and not warrants .... still maybe same product eventually ...buying at 12% premium to Nav ...very very interesting ...Does she know something which we dont know ...
    Read the whole disclosure especially the price paid on the second page mate. To the best of my knowledge NZX rules requires disclosure of shareholdings on a look through basis, (i.e. as if the warrants have already been exercised). She knows something the dog does. The warrants are good value.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Investments

[QUOTE=Beagle;855412]Read the whole disclosure especially the price paid on the second page mate. To the best of my knowledge NZX rules requires disclosure of shareholdings on a look through basis, (i.e. as if the warrants have already been exercised). She knows something the dog does. The warrants are good value.[/QUOTE

Read both pages ...it says on page 1243883 shares acquired on market ...page 1 ...on page 2 gives details of her other interest in the company derivatives which is number of warrants held by her ie 1123144 ...which corresponds to 1 for 4 shares original allotment for her prior holding as mentioned on page 1 ie 4492575 ..

But how much she paid for BRM shares final amount not mentioned on page 1 ...just says acquired on market 1243883 making new total as 5736458 ...

CSL ...Vaccine maker is top holding of BRM ...which is already started making covid vaccines !!

Yeap...been a busy day...finally got a good look at it and got it. Price disclosure on the shares acquired on market is missing and should have been disclosed. Warrants are as you said, 1:4 based on original holding.

Quite interesting that she appears to have been paying well north of NTA for over 1.2 million shares on market.
    Last edited by Beagle; 09-11-2020 at 06:30 PM.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...129/334966.pdf

I can't help wondering what Carmel Fisher is up to buying BRM shares up large at such a premium to NTA ?