sharetrader
Page 67 of 107 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cricketfan View Post
    Thanks for that. 18 months seems like a very short timeframe to judge investment performance though, especially after many years of poor performance. I guess time will tell whether they can sustain that.
    Fair comment but their performance has been good and most recent performance (Sept quarter) they significantly outperformed the Australian market. I have seen data suggesting the forward PE of the Australian market is just 17 vs the NZX of about 28. Barramundi adds a lot of diversity to my NZX centric portfolio. Well worth noting that ownership of the Kingfish group changed hands just under 3 years ago too. Like all things about the future, time will tell.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Another big week for the Barramundi portfolio with NTA up 1.7% despite the big jump of the Kiwi dollar against the Aussie dollar yesterday, (caused by the surprise RNBN decision). If it weren't for that the large currency change yesterday, (which may not be enduring), their portfolio would have jumped about 3% in $Kiwi term last week.

Discounts to NTA at present
    BRM 6%
    MLN 4%
    KFL 2%

Best bang for buck of the Kingfish group remains Barramundi at present. All funds pay out 2% per quarter tax free as they are a PIE (based on NTA).
    Next quarterly dividend, late December.

Disc: Large holding in Barramundi and signed up to the dividend reinvestment scheme which gives you shares in lieu of dividend at a 3% discount to market value.
    Also hold Marlin Warrants for exercise 6 November 2020.
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-11-2019 at 03:35 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.”
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Another big week for the Barramundi portfolio with NTA up 1.7% despite the big jump of the Kiwi dollar against the Aussie dollar yesterday, (caused by the surprise RNBN decision). If it weren't for that the large currency change yesterday, (which may not be enduring), their portfolio would have jumped about 3% in $Kiwi term last week.

BRM 6%
    MLN 4%
    KFL 2%

Best bang for buck of the Kingfish group remains Barramundi at present. All funds pay out 2% per quarter tax free as they are a PIE (based on NTA).

Disc: Large holding in Barramundi and signed up to the dividend reinvestment scheme which gives you shares in lieu of dividend at a 3% discount to market value.
    Well done and no doubt you aren't finished yet. Have skin in all three as well and loving every moment of the ride.

Thanks and yes I am on the prowl for more Marlin warrants.

BRM 6%
    MLN 4%
    KFL 2%

KFL at 2% discount to NAV

Has KFL been this ‘expensive’ before
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Had a quick look at the last 3 years at this time of year. Announcement 9/11/16 they were just 1% discount to NTA. Probably traded at par at some stage and I know Barramundi has too but you are quite right to observe that KFL's current discount to NTA is well below average meaning on a relative basis it offers slightly inferior value to others in the group. This group one of just a few that pay a handsome dividend right around Christmas time. Maybe that has something to do with the lower than normal discount ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 14-11-2019 at 05:59 PM.

Had a quick look at the last 3 years at this time of year. Announcement 9/11/16 they were just 1% discount to NTA. Probably traded at par at some stage and I know Barramundi has too but you are quite right to observe that KFL's current discount to NTA is well below average meaning on a relative basis it offers slightly inferior value to others in the group. This group one of just a few that pay a handsome dividend right around Christmas time. Maybe that has something to do with the lower than normal discount ?
    As long as it’s not you and others on this site buying up big time.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...528/312140.pdf
    Latest monthly newsletter is out. I note that BRM have significantly exceeded the benchmark Australian index for the last month, 3 months and year and exceeded it for the last 3 years as well, only some of which the current manager has been on board. The current manager who came on board in early 2018 has been doing extremely well.

Happy holder and I have a large position which I intend to hold long term for tax free PIE dividend income. Final dividend for the year has been declared yesterday and is increased to 1.44 cps payable on 19 December just in time for Christmas...although I have fully subscribed to the dividend reinvestment program, (very good 3% discount to 5 day average ex divvy VWAP), so will make do with my HLG divvy covering my Xmas needs

Share price at a multi year high at 69 cents and fully deserves to be there in my opinion. Those that followed this dog who clearly articulated the value of buying the warrants and exercising them are up 11-12%, (depending upon what price was paid for the warrants) in less than 3 weeks. Not too shabby for buying into a well diversified managed fund !
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-11-2019 at 07:18 PM.

IMO

Been good to me for many years at a 62c entry, once again thanks to Lizard.

Just bought my first BRM today. Completes my little trio (KFL, MLN and BRM). Very happy with KFL so hoping the other two do as well for me. Now I just need to win lotto so I can buy many, many more shares in all three (dreams are free)