sharetrader
Page 69 of 107 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
    IMO

Thanks , so Eaasy​ astock to set and forget about atpit for me.

What effect will the bushfires have on this stock?
    I notice the SP has levelled off over the last few weeks.

Good question and something I have been pondering at quite some length. There will unquestionably be some temporary effect on retail and tourism (sectors BRM is not really exposed too in any major way).
    As the rebuild gets underway with the expenditure of billions of dollars on new construction I expect the effect to reverse.
    I note significant rain last weekend and more forecast for the coming weekend. Well worth noting that the average forward PE for the Aust market is more than 10 lower than for N.Z. The trade deal is a very good thing for economic growth and China is a large importer of Australian base resources.

Worth noting that the Australian market is currently trading 2% higher than it was last Wednesday when last NTA was calculated at 74.4 cents so I expect tomorrow's announcement of NTA as at close of business today to be about 76 cents per share. Even at 73 cents as at the time of this updated post it trades at about a ~ 4% discount to my estimated current NTA. Going off performance in the last couple of years I see no valid reason for any discount at all !

All things considered I am happy to maintain my significant ~ 20% portfolio allocation to BRM for the foreseeable future.
    For what its worth this is my largest single share portfolio allocation, albeit into a fund that's very well diversified across various sectors in Australia and performing exceptionally well.

I don't have the time or inclination to bother with individual share picking in Australia and why would you bother when these guys do all the hard work and outperform the index by a whopping 13% !
    Even though I'm usually very happy to back myself to beat the NZX50, I wouldn't back myself to beat the Australian index by 13%.
    Last edited by Beagle; 22-01-2020 at 04:17 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

surprised to see these guys doing this

we increased our weightings in the Australian banks, ANZ, CBA, NAB and Westpac in the middle of March
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Looking clearly through the impenetrable mists of future time and playing the long game.

Disc: them, not me!
    om mani peme hum

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    surprised to see these guys doing this

we increased our weightings in the Australian banks, ANZ, CBA, NAB and Westpac in the middle of March
    Banks don't do well in a recession but I guess the question is whether a full blown recession is already priced in ?
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

If they bought in mid-March, it could have been at a great price (in the long term scheme of things). And Governments certainly seem keen to support the banks, so could be an astute purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Banks don't do well in a recession but I guess the question is whether a full blown recession is already priced in ?
    I think when ANZ reports next week, we will have a clear picture of the financial sector in ASX. But I m not too optimisic abut it.

Looks like BRMs fund manager jumped the gun... they'll (we holders) will be annoyed about this!. Shouldn't he loading up anything in this market. Twits

Why not? Everyone else is. I have faith in the management team and see no reason for that to change currently.

Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    Looks like BRMs fund manager jumped the gun... they'll (we holders) will be annoyed about this!. Shouldn't he loading up anything in this market. Twits