sharetrader
Page 79 of 106 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
    Investments

Originally Posted by kiora
    I have been thinking along the same lines as alokdhir for a while now regarding how it will end for all their funds.
    I invested in their KS & listed funds in the early days but switched a few years ago.

For a portfolio for someone approaching retirement with little savings(not me) I split a third of the funds into 5 listed shares in 2007 at $10,000/share

2007 $10,000 MLN value now $9520.It has received quarterly dividends of around
    8.5 c/year https://marlin.co.nz/assets/Uploads/...nd-History.pdf
    Adds about $10,400 ?
    Total value $19920 slightly more if dividends were reinvested
    According to the investor center value would be around $33000 now
    https://marlin.co.nz/investor-centre...o-performance/
    2007 $10,000 IFT value now with DRP $46,367 plus a few other dividends
    As it turns out 2007 was a good time to invest in IFT
    https://infratil.com/for-investors/
    2007 $10,000 FPH value now with DRP $136,360

It would be interesting to have done the same with MFT & EBO in hindsight

Just another real life example of experience with these funds .

DYOR please

Default WOW - Outperformance worth paying for !!

For the calendar year, Barramundi returned +26.3% (gross), well in
    excess of the benchmark index’s +2.7%.

Quarterly update is out. http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...419/339011.pdf

I believe that Barrmundi warrants offer a really good opportunity for share price appreciation between now and their exercise date of 31 October. 20 cents.
    Disc: I have a substantial holding in Barrmundi warrants.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Great result. What do you anticipate the exercise price being?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Great result. What do you anticipate the exercise price being?
    64c..........

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    For the calendar year, Barramundi returned +26.3% (gross), well in
    excess of the benchmark index’s +2.7%.

Quarterly update is out. http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...419/339011.pdf

I believe that Barrmundi warrants offer a really good opportunity for share price appreciation between now and their exercise date of 31 October. 20 cents.
    Disc: I have a substantial holding in Barrmundi warrants.
    27% premium!! That is outrageous, no? It will take ~1.5 years of the 3yr or 5yr annualized return to eat into the premium.

Does it historically run at such a premium? If no, I would only be buying warrants that I intended to exercise. Rather than a heap with an eye on a capital gain.

Is it outrageous when they are absolutely thrashing the market ? I met Robbie Urquart (Chief investment officer) at the last annual meeting and I think he's a very smart guy.
    I wouldn't buy the shares at the current price but the warrants offer outstanding leverage to a recovering economy in Australia and I note the Australian market is on a forward PE of only about half the N.Z. market (source Harbour Asset management research) and their market was up less than 3% last year.

I think the Australian market could really boom this year. 30%+ wouldn't surprise me.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Is it outrageous when they are absolutely thrashing the market ? I met Robbie Urquart (Chief investment officer) at the last annual meeting and I think he's a very smart guy.
    I wouldn't buy the shares at the current price but the warrants offer outstanding leverage to a recovering economy in Australia and I note the Australian market is on a forward PE of only about half the N.Z. market (source Harbour Asset management research) and their market was up less than 3% last year.

I think the Australian market could really boom this year. 30%+ wouldn't surprise me.
    All ordinaries still below 2007 highs.

I've got a lot of BRM and quite a few warrants. I find it hard to closely monitor more than about 10 shares so this is great to get some limited Australian exposure. I agree with Beagle I think these will run hard this year - and of course 2% a quarter into DRP is always nice. It was good timing entering the banks when they did. I was buying lots of WBC but Ishould have bought more ANZ looking at how they have diverged

Pretty happy with BRM over $1. NTA moving nicely up the last few weeks means better dividend and therefore a better warrant strike price as well

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    Pretty happy with BRM over $1. NTA moving nicely up the last few weeks means better dividend and therefore a better warrant strike price as well
    The dividend depends on the NTA rather than the market price.