sharetrader
Page 95 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast

I know! How good!

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...548/361491.pdf

Total shareholder return last 3 months -7 %
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I wonder why BRM and the others for that matter (KFL and MLN) never use their permitted 20% gearing. You would think at least during the crashes they would leverage up and double down on the companies in their portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...548/361491.pdf

Total shareholder return last 3 months -7 %
    Who cares when we filled our boots with warrants Beagle?

Beagle's having a 'Beagle morning'.
    Again.

Quote Originally Posted by dabsman View Post
    Who cares when we filled our boots with warrants Beagle?
    It is unusual to see them underperforming the market. Hope its not the start of a new trend.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

A bit of a downwards trend starting… not many bids… hopefully their portfolio does a bit better this quarter!

82.5 cents NTA today, down just over 3 cents in just the last week and 11.5 cents since the 94 cent NTA of early Sept 2021. Been a couple of dividends since then, 3.50 cents in total and the warrant issue dilution, (by my calculations diluted NTA by 5.95 cents), so a total of 9.45 cents of the 11.5 cent decline was caused by these two factors, (real adjusted decline since early Sept 11.5-9.45 = 2.05 cps = 2.2% against the ASX 200 down from 7540 in early Sept to about 7440 yesterday, just on 1.2% over the same period, (so BRM definitely underperforming the ASX200 a bit over the last 4.5 months). Yesterday's close of 97 cents https://www.nzx.com/announcements/385920 represented an 18% premium to NTA (Not warranted in my opinion).

I worked this all out for my own benefit so I can understand whether to throw Fisher's unlisted Australian growth fund a bone or two but am left wondering if this is the start of a new trend where the high PE stocks BRM invest in exhibit relative underperformance to the market ? Certainly at the least I think its fair to say in the short term BRM's outperformance has stopped for now. Probably just sit on my hands for a while and review again in due course.
    Last edited by Beagle; 13-01-2022 at 03:02 PM.

Getting towards the end of the month and BRM are off to a shocking start in 2022 with year to date NTA now 75.99 cents down more than 10 cents from 86.1 cps where it started the year, WOW that's exactly a whopping 11.75% decline in less than a month !! whereas the ASX200 which as of yesterday's close is down 7% Year to date. 4.75% underperformance in just under one month is significant and shows their high growth, high PE stock selection is unsuited to the current reversal of trend towards value and growth at a reasonable price stocks. They are up a few cents today which is completely irrational given the huge fall in NTA in the last week and a further significant fall in the ASX today.

In addition to the above some of their bigger holdings are down 7-9% today like Wisetech and Xero for example.

I'm staying well away.
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-01-2022 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Getting towards the end of the month and BRM are off to a shocking start in 2022 with year to date NTA now 75.99 cents down more than 10 cents from 86.1 cps where it started the year, WOW that's exactly a whopping 11.75% decline in less than a month !! whereas the ASX200 which as of yesterday's close is down 7% Year to date. 4.75% underperformance in just under one month is significant and shows their high growth, high PE stock selection is unsuited to the current reversal of trend towards value and growth at a reasonable price stocks. They are up a few cents today which is completely irrational given the huge fall in NTA in the last week and a further significant fall in the ASX today.

I'm staying well away.
    Have u sold urs? Or still holding?..