sharetrader
Page 19 of 107 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969 ... LastLast

Default Wishing now

that we hadn't put husband's kiwi saver account with them. Last time I looked it had lost 10%, probably lost more now. Wondering how hard it would be to swap providers now.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by QOH View Post
    that we hadn't put husband's kiwi saver account with them. Last time I looked it had lost 10%, probably lost more now. Wondering how hard it would be to swap providers now.

I would say that most providers of growth funds have had similar performance.

And from today's paper this won't be helping:
    An apparent bust-up between high-profile fund manager Carmel Fisher and her right-hand man, Warren Couillault, comes against a backdrop of a changing fund management sector.
    Mr Couillault, Fisher Funds Management's chief investment officer and 27 per cent shareholder, stepped down as a director on Friday but remains an employee.

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I would say that most providers of growth funds have had similar performance.

Don't take this as " advice" because I'm not an investment advisor and I'm not qualified to give it, but if I was under 40 or thereabouts I'd be making sure my Kiwisaver fund was a growth ( equity) fund of some sort.
    We can't measure performance over a few months and must expect major fluctuations over a period of 20 odd years or more. All the evidence points to equities/property being the best investment over the long term.

Guru

Macduffy that was the point was trying to make. QOH was indicating she was not happy with the performance for the kiwisaver fund her husband was in. I was just trying to say that all the other growth funds were in similar positions.

Veteran novice

Yes, sorry, 777.
    I was just reinforcing your point but replied to the wrong post.

:o

Smart shares have kiwi & Aussie stocks for very low fees - a kiwisaver too.
    Make NZ good and great, God defend NZ.

Default Was probably my fault for going with Fisher Funds

but last July things were looking rosier. Husband has just turned 64 so we have to stay in it for another 4 years and a half years, lol not sure if that will be long enough for things to come to right. Would like to just swap his to a cash fund like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by QOH View Post
    but last July things were looking rosier. Husband has just turned 64 so we have to stay in it for another 4 years and a half years, lol not sure if that will be long enough for things to come to right. Would like to just swap his to a cash fund like mine.
    If your husband is 64 then I doubt he will be losing too much sleep over the current situation. He will know that things can turn positive as fast as they turned negative.
    Toddy

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    If your husband is 64 then I doubt he will be losing too much sleep over the current situation. He will know that things can turn positive as fast as they turned negative.
    You're right there Toddy, he's never been known to lose a moments sleep over anything. In fact he wouldn't have a clue where his kiwi saver money is invested.