sharetrader
Page 26 of 107 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829303676 ... LastLast

777 - With respect, In their very latest quarterly investment update received only a few days ago they said they were 80% hedged against a rising N.Z. Au currency.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-05-2011 at 03:28 PM.

What I can't fathom is that the NAV of BRM has dropped 10.6c in one week (0.943 -> 0.837) and the share price has only dropped 2c (0.79 -> 0.77). Is FF buying back stock to keep BRM above the 75c warrant level?

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
    What I can't fathom is that the NAV of BRM has dropped 10.6c in one week (0.943 -> 0.837) and the share price has only dropped 2c (0.79 -> 0.77). Is FF buying back stock to keep BRM above the 75c warrant level?
    You got it.

It's all about keeping up FUM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    How have BRM performed compared to the ASX since inception Buns ?

Balance - Lets have a look at BRM's performance since inception shall we ?

Going as far back as the Direct Broking chart allows me BRM were $1.15 in February 2007 and of course we are now at 77 cents. hmmmm, I'm sorry, I'm confused, can someone please explain to me what part of losing a third of your money over four and a bit years is impressive ?

From my viewpoint Carmel Fishers record sucks and please don't say the dividends, other companies pay dividends too and actually increase in value.
    Roger - I framed my question incorrectly.

I meant to ask if you looked at Carmel Fisher's track record closely before you invested in BRM.

She is known in the broking industry for buying high and selling low. She is also known for great PR - that's how so many punters get sucked into making her millions while she loses millions for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalyst View Post
    Agree with you re the SP. I'd be surprised if FF were buying at this price but we'll know soon enough (they generally report any purchases the following day). There's no particular reason for them to keep the warrants "in the money" - the most recent exercise date was 2 days ago, the next 23 August and the final exercise date 27 October.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Roger - I framed my question incorrectly.

I meant to ask if you looked at Carmel Fisher's track record closely before you invested in BRM.

She is known in the broking industry for buying high and selling low. She is also known for great PR - that's how so many punters get sucked into making her millions while she loses millions for them.
    Balance me ol mate, we're on the same page again, I feel better now
    No buddy, I got suckered by the fancy PR marketing machine.
    BRM will be punished by the market when lots of warrant holders let them lapse, that's my prediction.

Clearly the shares are overpriced at present (83.7 NAV cents less their historical average discount to NAV of about 12% = 73.6 cents. Frankly I don't think they're even worth that.

This is a dog. Speaking of which I reckon I could have got Skippy my dog to walk over the sharemarket page of the Sydney Morning herald a few years ago and picked the stocks he put his paw prints on and done way better than Barramundi so called investment "managers". Anyone want 150,000 warrants @ 2 cents a pop, (part warrant sale not considered). PM me. On second thoughts f#ck it, I've lost so much money I might as well go down with the bloody ship. Who knows Pramaxis might come right and it doesn't cost me much to wait and see for some more months. Maybe I'll ask my dog, one bark for get out now, two for wait and see, lol

P.S. I feel a bit better after having a bloody good bleat about things, there forums are great eh ?
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-05-2011 at 04:50 PM.

Guru

ONVERSION OF WARRANTS AT 26 May 2011:

The following details are provided for the purposes of listing rule 7.12.9

a) 3,354,510 warrants have been converted into 3,354,510 ordinary shares

b) n/a

c) 41,915,632 warrants remain to be converted on 26 May 2011

... and Fisher Funds sell off PXS:

FF no longer a significant shareholder, with the sale of 700,000 shares yesterday for $576,096 (an average of roughly 82c per share - not bad given today's close of 71c).

Quote Originally Posted by Voltaire View Post
    ... and Fisher Funds sell off PXS:

FF no longer a significant shareholder, with the sale of 700,000 shares yesterday for $576,096 (an average of roughly 82c per share - not bad given today's close of 71c).
    Continuing the great track record of Fisher Funds' "Buy High, Sell Low."

Briscoe, Turners' Auction, Pumpkin Patch, Rakon etc ........
    Last edited by Balance; 26-05-2011 at 06:56 PM.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Continuing the great track record of Fisher Funds' "Buy High, Sell Low."

Briscoe, Turners' Auction, Pumpkin Patch, Rakon etc ........
    Not like you to miss one Balance. Comvita sold at the bottom.