sharetrader
Page 28 of 107 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    ASX200 in October 2006 5154
    ASX200 today 4653
    I thought they were stock pickers, not index pickers. Given the mandate to choose the ASX200 as a benchmark is a joke

Guru

We are all stock pickers but those stocks still float up and down with the index.

It appears that some posters have made a stock selection that has lost money and the typical reaction is to blame someone else and not take personal responsibility for their decisions.

Or it could be that a fund manager who takes a fee for managing money should have more consideration for the outcomes (both positive and negative) of the investments they are making ON BEHALF of others. Benchmarking against a 200 stock index suggests low risk to any one stock, having 12% in one stock does not suggest prudent risk management

I look forward to seeing what Carmel or Frank have to say about this on Newstalk ZB, Tuesday next wk 6:30pm.

where's the praise for the seductive one and her white knights on making heaps of money out of Centrebet

OMG it was 7% of the portfolio as well ,,, and it was a sin stock as well
    Last edited by winner69; 27-05-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Lets hope they are now gun shy, and put all those (reduced) funds into there old fav RYM

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    where's the praise for the seductive one and her white knights on making heaps of money out of Centrebet
    OMG it was 7% of the portfolio as well ,,, and it was a sin stock as well
    We've been seduced allright...into misplacing our trust, (the worst sort of seduction).
    Wow Centerbet up a whopping 6% today, I'm so overwhelmed (NOT), compared to a 70% loss the other day for Pharmaxis and then they go ahead and crystalize the loss, crikey those investment managers at BRM are real rocket scientists arn't they !!
    Having 12 % of BRM's money in an emerging biotech company is inexcuseable and any comparison with holdings in Arrow energy in recent years are not entirely relevant, they're naturally quite different companies and emerging biotech companies are well know for their extreme outcomes, unusally losses.

It stinks of a self serving investment designed to either reap big rewards for outperformacne for the managers if it goes right and amortise the losses across all shareholders when it goes wrong. Gross recklessness anyone or at the least breech of fiducary duty ? To sell out now under the guise of being prudent is a complete farce, all they're trying to do is cover their backside if it goes down to nothing and in the process costing shareholders any possible upside recovery. Selling now on the other hand means a quick end to this complete fiasco, obviously something the manager is clearly very keen to achieve.

I do accept however that the overall performacne of the ASX has been anything but inspiring in the last five years but I'm still convinced Skippy my dog would be a better stock picker, and no doubt much cheaper.

Buns I wish they could just whack it all into Ryman, obviously not with the BRM portfolio being limited to Au stocks. This is precisly why I'm going to manage all my own funds and do my own stock picking in the future.

In the meantime we need to push hard to get rid of the current investment "managers"
    Last edited by Beagle; 27-05-2011 at 01:51 PM.

PXS up 17c to 88c with notice that a Director has been buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Naum View Post
    PXS up 17c to 88c with notice that a Director has been buying.
    sigh... oh why did you sell Fishers? They shoulda been buying more now to get back 24%

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Having 12 % of BRM's money in an emerging biotech company is inexcuseable

Buns I wish they could just whack it all into Ryman
    Roger,

You can't have it both ways. If 12% is inexcuseable, what is 100%?

Ryman could fall 50% tomorrow for all we know.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----