sharetrader
Page 3 of 106 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Kr16

This kind of "Managed Fund" is probably better left as a long term investment, as this is the same time frame Fisher Funds will use in selecting stocks.

They only tend to sell out when the companies they invest in fundamentally change.

For those that like companies that offer shares in lieu of dividends (DRP's) you can accumulate extra shares & put this investment in the bottom draw.

If you are new(ish) to investing it will provide you with an exposure to ASX companies outside the top 100, without having to do the research yourself.

I rate Fisher Funds as a Fund Manager & have shares in KFL.

Have a look at the Fisher Fund website & check out there past performance.

http://www.fisherfunds.co.nz

quote:Originally posted by shasta

Kr16

This kind of "Managed Fund" is probably better left as a long term investment, as this is the same time frame Fisher Funds will use in selecting stocks.

They only tend to sell out when the companies they invest in fundamentally change.

For those that like companies that offer shares in lieu of dividends (DRP's) you can accumulate extra shares & put this investment in the bottom draw.

If you are new(ish) to investing it will provide you with an exposure to ASX companies outside the top 100, without having to do the research yourself.

Just had a quick look, "An investor who put $10,000 with Carmel in 1991 would now have an investment worth more than $76,000." And I am UNIMPRESSED.

quote:Originally posted by kr16

Hi guys i just wanted to know if this share would b a good short term investment ie 1 year or would i need to wait longer to c any real returns?
    These guys are pump and dump which has worked quite well for them in a tiny illiquid NZ market. Chase them into Australia at your peril. Much smarter sharks over there who will eat them alive.

quote:Originally posted by The BOWMAN

quote:Originally posted by shasta

Kr16

Just had a quick look, "An investor who put $10,000 with Carmel in 1991 would now have an investment worth more than $76,000." And I am UNIMPRESSED.
    15% per year compounding isn't too bad*. If the investor was American, the forex gain would boost that to just under 16% . Not too shabby if you're used to single-digit interest - before tax - from the bank.

Shasta holds KFL, so there's some walk to go with the talk.

*GPG would have done better
    disc: GPG
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Who are operators of similar funds in aussie?

Here we have a new IPO where one of the lead brokers is ForBarr, one of the lead brokers in the Feltex IPO.

Dunno about you but that makes me somewhat suspicious...

Disc: Forbarr are my brokers [:0]
    Marriage isn't a word. It's a sentence

I'm not buying into this one.

I reckon it will go nowhere in the first week - maybe even down a smidgeon.
    \"The overweening conceit which the greater part of men have of their own abilities [and] their absurd presumption in their own good fortune.\" - <b>Adam Smith</b> - <i>The Wealth of Nations</i>

The information you have is not the information you want.
    The information you want is not the information you need.
    The information you need is not the information you can obtain.
    The informaton you can obtain costs more than you want to pay.

quote:Originally posted by rmbbrave

You could be right, especially if commodities (& ASX)continue to slide over the next few weeks. For anyone wanting a safer longer term investment I'd rate Barramundi as an excellent buy. One of my investments is an ING managed fund in Australian funds - has performed beautifully over 4 years and I'd pick Barramundi to perform similarly or maybe even better.
    Augustus

quote:Originally posted by Augustus

quote:Originally posted by rmbbrave

You could be right, especially if commodities (& ASX)continue to slide over the next few weeks. For anyone wanting a safer longer term investment I'd rate Barramundi as an excellent buy. One of my investments is an ING managed fund in Australian funds - has performed beautifully over 4 years and I'd pick Barramundi to perform similarly or maybe even better.
    Even a monkey could have done well out of the Aussie market past 4 years. Dangerous to extrapolate past performance to a new entrant's future performance.
    Remember C's way is pump and dump which works best in a bull run.

Yes-but have done well in the Fisher Australian Growth Fund (small coys)-25.6% return over last 12 mths which seems impressive.