sharetrader
Page 34 of 106 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast
    Guru

I bought into KFL about April/May last year at 94, mainly as a default position to be in the market, but over a portfolio of shares. 55% return with divvies into the DRP.

Sure, understand what Balance is saying, with divvies supported from capital, and the management fees, and performance particularly in regard to Barramundi & Marlin.

Not a long term hold, but at this stage I just wish I'd bought more of them.......but now looking to exit when I see something more enticing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
    I bought into KFL about April/May last year at 94, mainly as a default position to be in the market, but over a portfolio of shares. 55% return with divvies into the DRP.

Sure, understand what Balance is saying, with divvies supported from capital, and the management fees, and performance particularly in regard to Barramundi & Marlin.

Not a long term hold, but at this stage I just wish I'd bought more of them.......but now looking to exit when I see something more enticing.
    Wish I bought more Diligent

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Wish I bought more Diligent
    Wish I didn't sell Xero

Sideshow Bob. 55% is a very good return but the market has done well too (not that well though). That is too short a period to judge.

Guru

Absolutely CJ. Not a long term hold, but a bid of recompense for not buying Ryman at about $2.70......bugger

Anyone picked this disaster up?

"On a larger scale, but still way short of blue chip, Australian salary packaging company McMillan Shakespeare produced a stomach-churning drop of 50 per cent for shareholders last month after the Government proposed tax changes that could poleaxe its core business.

The drop was particularly bad news for listed New Zealand investment fund Barramundi, managed by Fisher Funds, which had McMillan Shakespeare as one of its top-five portfolio holdings."

Classic Fisher style investment - buy high, sell low?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Anyone picked this disaster up?

"On a larger scale, but still way short of blue chip, Australian salary packaging company McMillan Shakespeare produced a stomach-churning drop of 50 per cent for shareholders last month after the Government proposed tax changes that could poleaxe its core business.

The drop was particularly bad news for listed New Zealand investment fund Barramundi, managed by Fisher Funds, which had McMillan Shakespeare as one of its top-five portfolio holdings."

Classic Fisher style investment - buy high, sell low?
    a bit harsh in case. They were a good company and then the Govt, without warning destroyed over half their business.

Similar would be like SkyTV being told, not just that they were going to be regulated but that all sports must be free to air live.

This company pays a 10% dividend, their March 14 update looks pretty positive... and yet their share price is plummeting, am i missing something here?
    The Aussie mining boom is supposedly over, but that would only affect a small part of BRM's portfolio I would have thought. Is it just negative sentiment about the Australian economy in general causing the shareprice drop?

Leave some for me please.....unfortunately wallet has been emptied for Teamtalk. Hasn't been this low in quite a while...Someone (mustn't mention any names in case we get the usual sermon) must be selling his shares off!
    Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    you arent missing anything.
    time to buy lots for me
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    you arent missing anything.
    time to buy lots for me
    Snapiti or anyone else, do you have any solid analysis on BRM that you'd care to share?

Last time I asked the question similar to Bryndlefly someone suggested BRM was using capital to pay dividends and therefore the value of the company was slowly decreasing. Whether this is true or not I don't know. I looked in to it but found a better option (PEB @ .50 )

Cheers

NBT

from the Morningstar report on the brm website the chart showing shareprice discount to nav suggestd that the current gap is the closest it has been for a few years

looks like tracking 6%-9% discount to NAV

thou at 61 cents the discount to last weeks nav has widened a bit ...maybe nav has declined
    Last edited by winner69; 01-04-2014 at 12:36 PM.