sharetrader
Page 37 of 107 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by bryndlefly View Post
    i bought into them last September when they were uptrending, i was actually looking at their sliding shareprice wondering if i should sell. They're now worth almost 10% less than what i paid for them, but they do pay a decent dividend, so hadn't made up my mind. i've held onto falling stocks before though, so wondered if i should try this whole stoploss limit thingy. As you can probably tell I'm fairly self-taught with share trading and am working it out by trial and error (mostly error... although i've had the occasional good investment too).
    That's exactly the point - they pay you a 'dividend' which is actually a return of your capital and that is reflected ion the sp going down.

You go nowhere but they charge you the management fee to do the illusion of giving you a return.

Humbug.

if you look at the 5 year chart you will notice that the vast majority of the time has been spent at a higher price than 61....If it did get as low as this it has had the tendency to recover. if you ignore the highs and lows the average price looks to be about 68. Also it has produced strong dividend returns so IMHO its a buy (and hold). Other strident posters have been ongoing and relentless in their criticism...so be it. Results and money in the bank is all I care about...until they prove me wrong they are good to go. As always make up your own mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryndlefly View Post
    i bought into them last September when they were uptrending, i was actually looking at their sliding shareprice wondering if i should sell. They're now worth almost 10% less than what i paid for them, but they do pay a decent dividend, so hadn't made up my mind. i've held onto falling stocks before though, so wondered if i should try this whole stoploss limit thingy. As you can probably tell I'm fairly self-taught with share trading and am working it out by trial and error (mostly error... although i've had the occasional good investment too).
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    That's exactly the point - they pay you a 'dividend' which is actually a return of your capital and that is reflected ion the sp going down.

You go nowhere but they charge you the management fee to do the illusion of giving you a return.

Humbug.
    You make it sound like a ponsi scheme
    one step ahead of the herd

IMO

Of course ;he is one eyed with a 2 headed coin in his pocket and an allergy to curls and pearls

Could be share dilution as well when they issue DRP shares.
    For the last dividend, 1,159,479 new shares were issued.
    Whereas only 15,000 were issued from treasury stock.
    1,174,479 total shares issued for DRP representing 0.97% of all shares.

Something else I noticed, they only recently started their stock buyback after no buybacks for about 3 months. So next dividend they will probably issue more shares from treasury stocks.

I think 61c is a good entry anyway and picked some up.

percy

From late 2007 until now the share price is down 36.36%.
    In the last 5 years the share price is down 15.5%.
    In the past year the share price is down 12.5%.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by snapiti View Post
    me thinks you are playing with the charts.
    I purchased BRM 5 years ago at 37 cps plus have collected a **** load of divi stocks for a 100% plus overall return.
    Investment is always about research and timing.
    Charts were Yahoo Finance.
    People who paid $1 at issue certainly got their timing wrong.
    If you have made money with BRM you have done well.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    From late 2007 until now the share price is down 36.36%.
    In the last 5 years the share price is down 15.5%.
    In the past year the share price is down 12.5%.
    Snapiti's idea of a good return?

Dread to think what his idea of a bad investment is!!!

I had a look at the yahoo finance charts so I can see how you got misinformed about the 5 year return.
    I bought for 37cps when BRM had an nta of just 44 cps.
    This happened shortly after the GFC but in support of the yahoo charts the price did zoom up after a few weeks of purchase but I cant remember them going as high as the yahoo charts suggest but they might of.
    Take a look at the ASB and DB 5 year charts they look quite different to yahoo's at the 5 year ago point.
    No misinformation, Snapiti.

Good on you if you bought low in BRM, just as good on all those who bought up large after the GFC in various stocks - eg. THL has provided 200%+ return.

However, BRM has been a dog of a fund for investors and the only real winner every step of the way is the manager with the 'heads we win, tails you lose' fee structure.

You are of course welcome to crow their praises for them.

Dogs do bark at crows, you know?
    Last edited by Balance; 02-04-2014 at 01:12 PM.

do your homework Balance.
    Take a look at the ASB or DB 5 year chart certainly shows I bought at the right time.
    Is a 100% return including divi's over a 5 year period not good enough for you BALANCE.
    You are a hard person to please.
    Yawn - try 1000%+ on DIL and PEB.

No need for managers to disguise bad returns by paying out capital as dividends - which self-respecting manager does that?
    Last edited by Balance; 02-04-2014 at 01:23 PM.