sharetrader
Page 4 of 107 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

quote:Originally posted by KJ

Yes-but have done well in the Fisher Australian Growth Fund (small coys)-25.6% return over last 12 mths which seems impressive.

And I'm sure all the monkeys that played the A market last year did ok as well. That is my point, investing with a rear vision mirror can be a dangerous. Following C F into Australia more so IMHO.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

lambton: you seem to be a bit negative on Carmel and her merry men. Would you care to expand on the reasons for your stance?

Disc: This Tiger is only interested in this one because some one, falsely, told your truly that a Barramundi was a type of Tuna*

*Go read the original Calvin and Hobbes if you are scratching your head, you will not regret it.
    I will not purrsonly be investing
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

They have timed it well, their past results will dazzle the newbies, however it going to be much harder to recreate such good results in the current climate.

I actually think they will do well. It will interesting to see what they invest in and how ir goes now thimgs aren't flying as much as they were/

quote: originally posted by ratkin
    . . . it's going to be much harder to recreate such good results in the current climate.
    What's "the current climate", ratkin? Sure Oz minerals have had a bad time, but Oil is still coming down, the Dow is at record levels and ASX keeps powering ahead. Still a good time for Carmel in Oz, I would have thought.

Guru

If they can get the currency across at current rates then there is likely to be a 8-15% one off gain in the short term.

Thought that I read the other day that the Aussi economy was the strongest that it had been in the last 30 yrs.

quote:Originally posted by lambton

quote:Originally posted by KJ

Yes-but have done well in the Fisher Australian Growth Fund (small coys)-25.6% return over last 12 mths which seems impressive.

And I'm sure all the monkeys that played the A market last year did ok as well. That is my point, investing with a rear vision mirror can be a dangerous. Following C F into Australia more so IMHO.
    Lambton-I am thinking of investing so would appreciate it if you could give reasons for your comments.I had thought that Fisher Funds had been successful from what I have read.

Advanced Member

What price are the warrents likely to trade at in the week or two after listing?

quote:Originally posted by Paper Tiger

lambton: you seem to be a bit negative on Carmel and her merry men. Would you care to expand on the reasons for your stance?

Disc: This Tiger is only interested in this one because some one, falsely, told your truly that a Barramundi was a type of Tuna*

*Go read the original Calvin and Hobbes if you are scratching your head, you will not regret it.
    I will not purrsonly be investing
    U need to go back to the Prudential Emerging Markets fund - later called the submerging fund to see why I have reservations about C's style. Fortex (he he not Feltex) was one of the stars I think. Long time ago may be wrong.