sharetrader
Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494 ... LastLast
    IMO

BRM now 14.75% discount to my 61c buy. GO you Average thing you

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    Have a closer look at my chart in post #455 against the MOZY... this is the only similar alternative available to NZ investors and provides a much lower income stream. BRM has fallen slightly lower since launch, but that is more than covered by the higher yield. Also, I suspect the increased discount to NAV, as MZY doesn't carry much of a discount and BRM has seen theirs contribute to the s.p. decline since launch by at least 6%.
    Thanks Lizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    BRM now 14.75% discount to my 61c buy. GO you Average thing you
    The bigger the discount the bigger the fee
    one step ahead of the herd

I havnt really had a look at this company but some of your comments pose interesting points, if they do pay divs out of capital at times or all the time? then you as shareholders are actually losing because the asset base is being eroded, unless they enjoy positive returns each yr to afford this which appears not to be the case.
    They obviously cant sustain this forever which would mean investors will get caught out at some stage.
    one step ahead of the herd

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    I havnt really had a look at this company but some of your comments pose interesting points, if they do pay divs out of capital at times or all the time? then you as shareholders are actually losing because the asset base is being eroded, unless they enjoy positive returns each yr to afford this which appears not to be the case.
    They obviously cant sustain this forever which would mean investors will get caught out at some stage.
    The lower the sp, the higher the historical 'dividend' yield paid out of capital.

The more excited some punters get about the high 'dividend' yield.

Get the picture?

IMO

3.2% gain for a few days holding and the discount may start to narrow a bit more with the $NZ a little weaker.Off to a good start . But such a short time frame not really relevant in the scheme of things. If you have a look at The pie funds newsletter I've posted today they have performed way better longer term and i have much more exposure there than here.

P.S Sparky is on the Fonterra thread!!!
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 04-04-2014 at 11:06 PM.

I'm yet to be convinced that getting the aforementioned monkeys to throw darts at a copy of the ASX page in the Australian Financial review isn't a substaintially better alternative and quite apart from that monkey food doesn't cost millions of dollars in fees every year.
    Who's really paying for the fancy food at their AGM's ?
    As for paying tax on the dimished capital that's been returned to investors as dividends, the fact that these "investment professionals" came up with this rocket science scheme speaks volumes.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I'm yet to be convinced that getting the aforementioned monkeys to throw darts at a copy of the ASX page in the Australian Financial review isn't a substaintially better alternative and quite apart from that monkey food doesn't cost millions of dollars in fees every year.
    Who's really paying for the fancy food at their AGM's ?
    As for paying tax on the dimished capital that's been returned to investors as dividends, the fact that these "investment professionals" came up with this rocket science scheme speaks volumes.
    Don't worry, we have the FMA with real teeth now, not the tiger who took out its dentures everynight, to put a stop to this blatant breach of common sense.

If only ....

Completely agree with this thread, BRM is only good if you timed it right in getting into the market.
    Now the only question is timing an exit.
    Disc hold 130k shares

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    Completely agree with this thread, BRM is only good if you timed it right in getting into the market.
    Now the only question is timing an exit.
    Disc hold 130k shares
    I'd say that the current price would be a good entry point, rather than an exit. Like I've already said, I only hold MLN, so not so familiar with BRM, but assume it works along the same lines. 130k shares is a fair whack to have in such an investment trust.
    Last edited by zigzag; 05-04-2014 at 02:45 PM.