sharetrader
Page 56 of 107 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Not too Flash View Post
    NTA still 69 cents

Exercising warrants @ 62 cents still worth a go I reckon - any thoughts ?
    I'm going to let my warrants lapse at 62c. If sp was at 69 to 70c then would exercise them.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I have had $19500 of dividends off BRM over the last 4 and a half years along with a $2500 capital loss. Hope for a recovery in the Aussie market but it has been a long time coming.
    Which underscores a few comments on this thread that they're effectively paying dividends out of capital. Need I remind anyone that these shares were originally issued for $1 a VERY long time ago.

Birmaboy - I see they have now taken on board some of the criticisms of a number of posters like myself and now have a far more widely diversified portfolio of stocks. Some would say that they might even be starting to understand what people actually expect in a managed fund - diversification....took them long enough...

I prefer to catch my own fish.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    Not really..glad I cashed these out earlier. As an aside anytime you can buy these at 61 or below historically is good buying..doesn't hit this level very often and usually not for long.
    Yes my last buy was at 61c. What great place to park some funds in my Baramundi bank with a WAY better yield until i decide what to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    I'm going to let my warrants lapse at 62c. If sp was at 69 to 70c then would exercise them.
    I am also considering my options and not taking up my options, using the same funds and buying in at $0.61 or lower.

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    I am also considering my options and not taking up my options, using the same funds and buying in at $0.61 or lower.
    You are assuming it will go lower then - I think it is hugging 0.62 because of the warrants, and that when they are out of the way SP should climb...

I am undecided on whether to convert, but when there is not much in it I have a preference to give money to a company for investment or growth rather than to a anonymous trader on the other side of a deal...

Believe it not there are advisors/managers throughout the world who analyse investment trusts/funds like Barrimundi and use mathematical wizardry to workout if they are 'cheap' or not

One thing use is a Z score (not Mr Altmans Z score) which basically works out how far away the current discount to NAV is away from the average discount taking into account stand deviations and all that sort of stuff.

BRM current Z score is -0.62 which is 'cheap' but not that 'cheap' ......and it has been getting 'cheaper' over the last few months. General rule of thumb these gurus use seems to be to look for trusts/funds with a score of -2 and tout those as a good/screaming buy - that is BRM around 58 cents

Interesting eh - all that mathematical stuff when your guts came to the same conclusion.

Footnote: But then again thats all based on historical performance and all about discounts to NAV. When the inevitable market collapse happens and BRM is at 40 cents say and at 15% discount to NAV it will still ve a screaming buy
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Interesting stuff Winner. Have you ever tried using this method yourself and if so, any success? Given the diversification of the portfolios, I imagine it would be a reasonably risk free strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Interesting stuff Winner. Have you ever tried using this method yourself and if so, any success? Given the diversification of the portfolios, I imagine it would be a reasonably risk free strategy.
    No, rather pick my own stocks and put them in to the WINNER FUND (Code WIN)

That way i dont have to sell things to pay myself a dividend .....and management/performance fees are cheap as

So is this WIN fund available to other investors or is it closed to new entrants Management fees are generally tied to performance so are you telling us your current manager is crap? David Ware may be available..he's a smart guy..I remember talking to him when CNU was at its lowest and he told me he had just loaded up on it. That was a smart/brave move and he certainly knows the Telco market.
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    No, rather pick my own stocks and put them in to the WINNER FUND (Code WIN)

That way i dont have to sell things to pay myself a dividend .....and management/performance fees are cheap as
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    So is this WIN fund available to other investors or is it closed to new entrants Management fees are generally tied to performance so are you telling us your current manager is crap? .
    Didnt realise cats could be smart arses - birmans are usually sweet as

Provide the expertise and skills for free as a ontribution to society - saves the investors at least 10% the way the fund is outperforming