sharetrader
Page 61 of 107 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Haha - tell it to those who paid $1.00 into BRM and are still out of pockets.

It is all about the fees, nothing more and nothing less.

Heck, people thought Madoff was a great guy and a great philanthropist!
    Discount to NAV still about 6% - that's about $8m - about right as the present value of future management fees.

Where do those management fees go?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Discount to NAV still about 6% - that's about $8m - about right as the present value of future management fees.

Where do those management fees go?
    It's heads, Fisher Fund wins.

It's tails, Fisher Fund wins even bigger as a proportion of investors' losses.

Warren Buffett warned against investing in index-hugging poor performing fund managers decades ago and in recent times. We actually have posters here encouraging investing in poor performing fund managers!

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Haha - tell it to those who paid $1.00 into BRM and are still out of pockets.

It is all about the fees, nothing more and nothing less.

Heck, people thought Madoff was a great guy and a great philanthropist!
    Come on Balance; i can't and won't take responsibility for other peoples investments decisions here previously or if Carmel turned you down for a date in previous life.Get with the present. BRM is like an on call bank account paying a great yield if one buys at the lows. IMO DYOR

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Come on Balance; i can't and won't take responsibility for other peoples investments decisions here previously or if Carmel turned you down for a date in previous life.Get with the present. BRM is like an on call bank account paying a great yield if one buys at the lows. IMO DYOR
    You have actually been encouraging others to trade an illiquid supposedly for passive-investors' type fund.

Yes I've had great yield play here as long as you buy at/near the lows you are getting a great return for your buck. No need to worry about earlier ; the past is the past.
    Nothing clearer in what you are doing.

IMO

Im foiling to your gybes . Im not encouraging anyone to do anything except providing rebuttal and what has worked for me having a smallish exposure to BRM has given me income that the banks can't provide albeit with a little more risk.

Yes my last buy was at 61c. What great place to park some funds in my Baramundi bank with a WAY better yield until i decide what to do with it.
    So in one year, down 3.3% on capital with BRM BANK?

On the doghouse

BRM is like an on call bank account paying a great yield if one buys at the lows. IMO DYOR
    I can show you a way to get a much better yield from your bank term deposit.

1/ Invest $10,000 at 2% pa
    2/ At the end of the year you have $200 in interest due (yay).
    3/ Pull out $1,000 of your capital and just reinvest $9,000 for the next year.
    4/ The yield on your $10,000 one year investment becomes:

($1,000 + $200) / $10,000 = 12% !!!!!!

Absolutely fantastic, and here is the rub. BANK STAFF WILL NEVER TELL YOU THAT YOU CAN DO THIS! I call it 'Doing a Carmel'

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 06-07-2017 at 12:33 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

IMO

Thanks Balance, have had a look at chart and announcements.I agree the chart has stopped going sideways and has dropped away in March after Carmel Fisher announced her intention to retire but its only in the last month thats it gone from 62c to 58c ,59c atm. Will watch for a possible top up.

IMO

Yes i know whats going on Snoops , but i didn't buy away back then at what was it , I'm guessing $1.20?