sharetrader
Page 89 of 107 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
    Guru

Yes exactly!

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Its a managed fund mate so the realised earnings from one year to the next will be variable depending on what positions they sell from one year to the next.
    Exactly

Whats more relevant is the weighted average PE of their holdings

You know what that is
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Exactly

Whats more relevant is the weighted average PE of their holdings

You know what that is
    Good question and I started doing some work on that the other day but got interrupted and in hindsight that's probably a good thing. They have quite an interesting and eclectic mix of 24 companies. The bottom line for me is they're not just beating the ASX indices they're absolutely thrashing them year after year after year so I am happy to let them do all the thinking for me in Australia. In terms of me second guessing their strategy over there, I'm not going there in my head because their results speak for themselves. I like the lower workload that goes with this approach for me.
    Try and outthink the Barramundi team or do more of this, its not a difficult choice lol https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1eJPJBBKQs
    Last edited by Beagle; 29-10-2021 at 06:03 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Its a managed fund mate so the realised earnings from one year to the next will be variable depending on what positions they sell from one year to the next.
    And they don't always get things right - KFL with ATM, MLN with Alibaba and Tencent, can't comment on BRM.

But they (Fisher Funds) have good people and a good investment policy that seems to generate good returns over time.

I stood on the sidelines of their funds for a long time (I was wary of their dividend paid form funds strategy) but am now invested (MLN) and keen to buy MLN and BRM when the premium to NAV ever narrows or on any weakness.

Hi All,

I have exercised some warrants and want to know how the rest of you update your portfolio in Direct Broking now that i see Computershare registry has been updated.

My thoughts were, to 'Sell' the BRMWF at the final price of 33.1, then create an 'Initial Position' in BRM at 97.1 ( 33.1 plus 64 exercise price ). I dont currently hold any other BRM shares.

Or do you enter at what the warrants cost you, plus the exercise price? my average warrant cost is 17.654.

Thanks in advance

You simply enter a buy transaction at the total cost of each warrant which is what the new shares have cost you.

I agree with SPC. Warrants conferred the right to buy shares so the shares on average cost you 17.654 + 64 = 81.654 cents each.
    My average warrant price, (mainly bought in November 2020) was 12.01 cents so my shares cost me an average of 12.01 + 64 = 76.01 cents each.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

I agree with SPC. Warrants conferred the right to buy shares so the shares on average cost you 17.654 + 64 = 81.654 cents each.
    My average warrant price, (mainly bought in November 2020) was 12.01 cents so my shares cost me an average of 12.01 + 64 = 76.01 cents each.
    Easy, thankyou for that

Guru

Too slow at typing. Question answered.
    Last edited by 777; 03-11-2021 at 10:37 AM.

Investments

Only 91.53 % warrants converted thus reducing the NAV by roughly 5 cents per share .

Also 4.45 Million warrants appox lapsed inspite of huge discount to current SP

Highlights the pitfalls of such investments for buy and forget type people ...the ones who let their warrants lapse actually subsidised rest all by loosing value on their investment as NAV reduction of their Holdings .

So no free lunches in this world some get more for being proactive and well informed like Mr B and some loose out who let warrants lapse ...didnt even sell them
    Last edited by alokdhir; 03-11-2021 at 11:13 AM.