sharetrader
Page 94 of 107 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104 ... LastLast
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-11-2021 at 06:04 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Sorry B not being nasty my friend but by gum there are just too many of these to remind you of....you can't blame me.. after some of your recent posts 😉

from SEP:
    "By paying slightly above NAV one is saying they first and foremost put real value in the professionalism of the investment analysts and secondly there is value in the structure of the company. I note a 15% premium to NTA still gives 8 / 1.15 = ~ 7% net return which for most investors on a 33% tax rate = 10.4% gross return.

I'm happy to put my money where my mouth is in a substantial way as an average annual outperformance of 8.6% per annum after fees and tax over the last three years is truly exceptional. You don't achieve outperformance like that by luck, its achieved with very rigorous and disciplined stock selection methods, dedication, professionalism and exceptional investment talent."

Just reminding...
    Last edited by SPC; 18-11-2021 at 07:40 PM.

As I said earlier today I forgot they run a very similar managed fund which can be accessed with no premium to NTA.
    I am eligible for superannuation in 5 years time and am sometimes forgetful these days. It is what it is.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Same here, we're still spring chickens mate..60 is the new 40 😸🐕. Years of investment fun ahead for us both.
    Folks will work out what suits them but BRM took a bit of a pounding here this week. My issue with the unit funds was about getting out..for BRM sell today and 2 days you've cash in the bank. Exiting the listed funds requires a wait for the next valuation point... potentially painful in a falling market (and also the risk of suspension of things ever turn rough) then a wait for the cash. I've tried both.
    Ok I'm done here on this one 😉🏳️

60 is the new 40, I like it

..........🤔

BRM - Quarterly dividend of 1.81 cents per share

A bit higher than expected. I worked on 1.75c

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    60 is the new 40, I like it
    I liked this joke.
    A 60 year old asks is 60 the new 50? Yes
    A 70 y.o asks is 70 the new 60? AnswerYes
    An 80y.o then asks is 80 the new 70.
    They answer, no you're stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie38 View Post
    Those that have just exercised their "free" BRMWF @ 64cps now have a share with a NTA of $0.8622 cps. A significant discount to NTA!

Further these shares will participate in the Dec dividend (which I calculate to be approximately 1.79cps) which should be announced next week.
    Your approx. calculations are very close to the actual dividend of 1.81cps to be paid on the 17th Dec., well done Charlie

Very happy with DRP strike price and also nice NTA jump this week. Made back the divvy in NTA in 2 weeks