sharetrader
Page 105 of 126 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1254
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    Doesn't hurt that Jarden upgraded SKL to Buy with an increased price target this week.

Disclosure: held
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Jarden released a 40 page deep dive research report and markedly increased the TP. Quite a good report lots of work into its ROIC and evolving business models and how it lines up to its other comparables
    Thanks for this information TI and FM, I'm up > 260% on this one, its my third biggest holding and had been wondering about reducing a bit as I am pretty unsure what is driving this increase. Will probably just continue to hold I think ....at this stage.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Thanks for this information TI and FM, I'm up > 260% on this one, its my third biggest holding and had been wondering about reducing a bit as I am pretty unsure what is driving this increase. Will probably just continue to hold I think ....at this stage.
    An incredible run.
    Enjoy it.
    Well done.

ps.I note The Chair is Liz Coutts.She also chairs EBO and OCA.

Guru

MR P picked this stock several years ago.

One thing is that an investor can always find a reason to buy and to sell. Every good company is rewarded or like a good athlete or race horse they will always have conditions in which they out perform the field.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fiordland Moose View Post
    Jarden released a 40 page deep dive research report and markedly increased the TP. Quite a good report lots of work into its ROIC and evolving business models and how it lines up to its other comparables
    Another solid gain today, volume not exceptional one way or another.
    Wonder if this is driven by Jarden topping up their clients portfolio ?

Legend

Always worth following the smart money to turn pennies into pounds - Yes Sir

they're not resident on the share register for no reason
    Last edited by nztx; 24-09-2021 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    very impressive isn't it.

November 2016 NZX announcement
    "Skellerup Chairman Sir Selwyn Cushing, s
    peaking ahead of the opening of the $60 million, 19,000 square metre facility, Sir Selwyn said the move to a purpose-built, integrated site would help Skellerup cement its reputation as the world’s leading designer and manufacturer of food grade rubberware for the global dairy industry, and to further expand into new markets and new industries."

since the opening of this new Wigram facility the share price hasn't looked back.
    only briefly interrupted by the covid outbreak feb 2020.

not the only contributing factor i'm sure. but significant.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Always worth following the smart money to turn pennies into pounds - Yes Sir

they're not resident on the share register for no reason
    Didn't they hold (still branded NZ First Capital) as well tons of CBL before they crashed?

While I don't want to imply that SKL will follow CBL, relying on any broker's investing other peoples money is as reliable than throwing darts while blind folded. Sometimes they hit and sometimes they miss - and hey, money is never smart - it is just cheap plastic which people agreed to value.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Didn't they hold (still branded NZ First Capital) as well tons of CBL before they crashed?

While I don't want to imply that SKL will follow CBL, relying on any broker's investing other peoples money is as reliable than throwing darts while blind folded. Sometimes they hit and sometimes they miss - and hey, money is never smart - it is just cheap plastic which people agreed to value.

Heck BP .. I dont know who you're following, but it doesn't seem to be who I am watching

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    Heck BP .. I dont know who you're following, but it doesn't seem to be who I am watching
    That's ok with me.

Most people are not able to learn from history ... this is one of the reasons it looks as it does ;
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    That's ok with me.

Most people are not able to learn from history ... this is one of the reasons it looks as it does ;
    but NZX history in some spheres should in itself provide a different set of reasons & learnings ...
    all but forgotten too .. but those were from past different times & crashes after rises

Should that be sending fresh warning signals now ?

If it did then unpopular lowly trading bank accounts spitting out a very small fraction of 1% pa
    before the taxman takes another swipe out of it may be more popular than they are now ..

Just goes to show - many economies are in effect run like ponzi schemes .. just remember to be among the
    first out .. I guess
    Last edited by nztx; 25-09-2021 at 06:04 PM.