sharetrader
Page 78 of 126 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    When he tells you,you were right,Percy is a guru,then worry.!...lol.
    Neighbour interrupted me when I was out cutting the grass yesterday

Said he had read all Percy’s posts for the last few months and commented he’s one pretty clever guy ......no, no I said he’s a guru.

Sounds like he and his bowling mates might take their loss on Oceania but hold onto Turners and take a punt on Skellerup.

He got even more excited about Skellerup when I pointed to my gum boots - look Red Band made by Skellerup and they last forever (for a city person).

Good news though percy - I changed the subject as to how they buy PAZ. Thought that might be too complicated for them.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

percy

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Neighbour interrupted me when I was out cutting the grass yesterday

Said he had read all Percy’s posts for the last few months and commented he’s one pretty clever guy ......no, no I said he’s a guru.

Sounds like he and his bowling mates might take their loss on Oceania but hold onto Turners and take a punt on Skellerup.

He got even more excited about Skellerup when I pointed to my gum boots - look Red Band made by Skellerup and they last forever (for a city person).

Good news though percy - I changed the subject as to how they buy PAZ. Thought that might be too complicated for them.
    Don't think they would be up to signing "The Wild West" form, so as you can buy PAZ on www.usx.co,nz.
    PAZ asm this coming Thurday should be interesting.I think they will post the asm presentation on USX site on Friday.
    Liquidity and few announcements are big draw backs to USX market,however there are some interesting companies for experienced investors,such as:Rangatira,Rural Equities,Skyline,and Syft.
    OCA Craigs have a $1.24 target price so they should be OK.Craigs SKL target price is $2.55. So perhaps they would be best to hang onto OCA.TRA give another year or 18 months.

ps I think once you are referred to as a guru it is all down hill from there on in.
    Last edited by percy; 11-05-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Percy, I know for sure the neighbour and his bowling mates read your posts.

I popped into the green today while they were having a friendly late season roll up (as a prelude to drinks no doubt) and one of them surveyed the head (the bowls they’ve bowled up around the jack) and several times I heard them so ‘well positioned’ (like we have the closest bowl to the jack)

Isn’t that cool.

percy

Percy, I know for sure the neighbour and his bowling mates read your posts.

I popped into the green today while they were having a friendly late season roll up (as a prelude to drinks no doubt) and one of them surveyed the head (the bowls they’ve bowled up around the jack) and several times I heard them so ‘well positioned’ (like we have the closest bowl to the jack)

Isn’t that cool.
    They are out of control.!..lol.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    They are out of control.!..lol.
    I told them they should join up and discuss things with you direct

One of them did enter the picking compeition and is doing quite well in that being in the top quartile - I told him that makes him a guru

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Just a heads-up folks. SKL is being removed from the NZX50 index during the close of trading match process on Friday 16th Sept. Likely to see significant downward pressure by index tracking funds exiting this stock. I also note that ACC who have a superb track record of investment returns have been reducing their holding lately.
    In a follow up to this post from 2016, I was chatting to my broker about what I see as the inevitable return of Skellerup to the NZX50. Then he informed me it was already back in there! He couldn't tell me how long it had been back though. I did a quick web search and came up with no clues. No announcement to the market. No press release on the website. No announcement by the NZX. Nothing from the fourth estate. Has the NZX become so 'premium buyer sensitive' that they don't see the need to update the wider market when changes to the NZX50 are made? Did Skellerup themselves even know they were back in there?

On a secondary note the ACC, had they kept their full investment in SKL, had they banked the dividends, they would have seen a near 100% return on their Skellerup investment in just two and one half years. I guess even 'superb track records' can go off track?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 11-06-2019 at 08:48 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Following the momo

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    In a follow up to this post from 2016, I was chatting to my broker about what I see as the inevitable return of Skellerup to the NZX50. Then he informed me it was already back in there! He couldn't tell me how long it had been back though. I did a quick web search and came up with no clues. No announcement to the market. No press release on the website. No announcement by the NZX. Nothing from the fourth estate. Has the NZX become so 'premium buyer sensitive' that they don't see the need to update the wider market when changes to the NZX50 are made? Did Skellerup themselves even know they were back in there?

On a secondary note the ACC, had they kept their full investment in SKL, had they banked the dividends, they would have seen a near 100% return on their Skellerup investment in just two and one half years. I guess even 'superb track records' can go off track?

SNOOPY

This is the announcement that you are looking for Snoopy http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...120/280714.pdf

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by McGinty View Post
    This is the announcement that you are looking for Snoopy http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...120/280714.pdf
    Thaaks for that McGinty. So the announcement was only made on June 8th and the re-emergence of Skellerup happens on Monday 18th June. Interesting this announcement was on 'S&P Dow Jones' letterhead. Has the NZX outsourced their own index compilation function?

There doesn't seem to have been much of a market reaction to the announcement so far. Since June 8th trading volumes are down and the SKL price has weakened by a few cents. Those index hugging funds look to have only a couple of days to buy their shares. Unlike most share index adjustments the amount these funds will receive for their outgoing NZX50 shares - CBL insurance - will be nothing. So suddenly having to raise money to buy something new when you have no spare cash may prove a problem?

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 12-06-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Thaaks for that McGinty. So the announcement was only made on June 8th and the re-emergence of Skellerup happens on Monday 18th June. Interesting this announcement was on 'S&P Dow Jones' letterhead. Has the NZX outsourced their own index compilation function?

There doesn't seem to have been much of a market reaction to the announcement so far. Since June 8th trading volumes are down and the SKL price has weakened by a few cents. Those index hugging funds look to have only a couple of days to buy their shares. Unlike most share index adjustments the amount these funds will receive for their outgoing NZX50 shares - CBL insurance - will be nothing. So suddenly having to raise money to buy something new when you have no spare cash may prove a problem?

SNOOPY
    The announcement was dated a year ago ..... 2018 ....so shouldn’t impact this week.

S&P Have been doing NZX indices for many years now

On the doghouse

The announcement was dated a year ago ..... 2018 ....so shouldn’t impact this week.
    Oooh quite right, how embarrassing :-(. I am a year out of date with my evaluation! Fortunately I was not a year behind the times accumulating my shares!

I see last year the share price ramped up from $1.99 to $2.04 between the 8th June 2008 and 18th June 2008. Not that significant? I guess considering the price plunged to below $1.95 a month later shows it wasn't

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 13-06-2019 at 07:31 PM. Reason: spelling