sharetrader
Page 42 of 126 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast

You guys are probably right. Hopefully nothing to worry about...a bit of consolidation after the strong run last year was probably to be expected. I'll go back to
    Last edited by Beagle; 25-01-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Banned

If its helpful Roger, then it would be safe to say that a 10% dip from September until today is actually quite benign considering some of the global carnage out there.

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    Their growth strategy was to expand in USA. We are lead to believe USA economy is generally on the up-tick, except for energy. Exchange rate remains favourable. As noted above, no executive sales announcements. PE still relatively low. But some big volume offerings @ $1.45. On balance, seems like it's oversold to me. Interim results announcement in 3 weeks which should clarify the situation

Last year, half year results were released 19 Feb, I think the rule is insiders can't buy this far out from results. Previously insiders bought from instos when they sold. If the big volume offerings at $1.45 are instos exiting, expect further weakness down to 200 SMA.

Half year is the date; revenue is the key
    Last edited by frostyboy; 25-01-2016 at 10:43 PM.

Banned

I always thought that a company that is likely to miss guidance by more than 5% will announce such a deviation around a month prior to the earnings announcement. If we are expecting half year results around 19 February (as it was last year), which suggests 18 Feb this year (third Thursday of Feb), then Skellerup would have already disclosed this.

Given that the last message around guidance was Sir Selwyn Cushing's speech at the AGM on 28 October, then we can only assume that the strong increase in profit is still all on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeshiva View Post
    I always thought that a company that is likely to miss guidance by more than 5% will announce such a deviation around a month prior to the earnings announcement. If we are expecting half year results around 19 February (as it was last year), which suggests 18 Feb this year (third Thursday of Feb), then Skellerup would have already disclosed this.

Given that the last message around guidance was Sir Selwyn Cushing's speech at the AGM on 28 October, then we can only assume that the strong increase in profit is still all on track.
    Guidelines re disclosure are anything around the 15% mark impact on expectations/guidance .....when they are aware of it

Of course the company can say anything anytime - like today they could say guidance will be met if they wanted - no +/- 5% or 15% there
    Last edited by winner69; 26-01-2016 at 10:45 AM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Investor

Looks like one big seller has the sp strangled at $1.45 with a big lot on offer.

Quote Originally Posted by sb9 View Post
    Looks like one big seller has the sp strangled at $1.45 with a big lot on offer.
    I guess these things happen - and I never can understand the motivation of traders putting such large packets into the market instead of selling in smaller parcels ... unless, obviously - unless they want to influence the market in some funny way.

On the other hand - SKL is in my view an investment, not a trading stock ... so - who really cares about the daily jitter?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Investor

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    I guess these things happen - and I never can understand the motivation of traders putting such large packets into the market instead of selling in smaller parcels ... unless, obviously - unless they want to influence the market in some funny way.

On the other hand - SKL is in my view an investment, not a trading stock ... so - who really cares about the daily jitter?
    Precisely my thoughts too BP, why wouldn't the big seller offload in small tranches to achieve better price. On the contrary if you put a big lot on offer bids will be at lower price.

Anyway, I'm in for long haul not too worried short term weakness in sp.

Yes I agree it is an unusual way for an insto / larger shareholder to sell a holding. Seller has gradually come down from an original ask of $1.50 so they're determined to clear their stake and until that's gone its probably fair to say the price is capped. Hopefully the depth we see on market is all they have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Yes I agree it is an unusual way for an insto / larger shareholder to sell a holding. Seller has gradually come down from an original ask of $1.50 so they're determined to clear their stake and until that's gone its probably fair to say the price is capped. Hopefully the depth we see on market is all they have to offer.
    Seems the big seller has had a change of heart overnight