sharetrader
Page 45 of 126 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Love how things are told

Yesterday Trade Me went to 2 decimal places on the EPS calculation so they could say EPS increased

Today Skellerup say earnings are 'similar level to prior corresponding period (pcp)' when they are actually less

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder Or something like that
    Yes my jaundiced eye noticed a little bit of creativity there. Must be horrible to admit EPS has actually reduced especially in a lower currency environment for an exporter.
    Market reaction is not surprising.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    The market doesn't seem to like the report
    I decided to sell the balance of my holding at the open this morning.
    Have received the contract note; sold at $1.33.The other half I sold a few weeks ago at $1.45.
    Will use the funds for any company that surprises on the upside.

This has been a good example of the technical's working for people. 100 day MA has been about $1.45 as previously noted and I sold half at $1.49 and the other half when it was clear the 100 day MA had been broken at $1.44. The market was telegraphing for some time the result wasn't going to be stellar. I suspect one or two broker analysts had visited the company over the last month or two.
    With dairy and mining stuck in the doldrums and no sign of even the faintest relief on the horizon its hard to see the company making much headway this year...risks to me appear to be to the downside to the company's forecast.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-02-2016 at 10:18 AM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    This has been a good example of the technical's working for people. 100 day MA has been about $1.45 as previously noted and I sold half at $1.49 and the other half when it was clear the 100 day MA had been broken at $1.44. The market was telegraphing for some time the result wasn't going to be stellar. I suspect one or two broker analysts had visited the company over the last month or two.
    With dairy and mining stuck in the doldrums and no sign of even the faintest relief on the horizon its hard to see the company making much headway this year...risks to me appear to be to the downside to the company's forecast.
    Agreed.!!!!!!

Sound company. good long term prospects. accumulate accordingly

Excellent example / debate this morning of perspective and viewpoint.

A psychologist investor / friend once told me the issue of whether a glass is half full or half empty has finally been resolved and is all to do with one's perspective and viewpoint.

Try this at home. Get half a glass of water and put it right on the very edge of the table with some of the glass sticking over the edge. Now get your eyeballs right down to floor level below the glass and look up. Looks full doesn't it !!

Moral of the story, even an average company looks good if you buy it cheap enough.
    Last edited by Beagle; 18-02-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Investor

Overall my rating for results is 5.5/10, some parts are encouraging and other parts not so great.

On that basis, have sold out my small holding this morning, might look at it in 6 months time depending on how is being progress made. Better to stay out for now in these uncertain times imo.

Quote Originally Posted by benjitara View Post
    Sound company. good long term prospects. accumulate accordingly
    So you're an SKL shareholder accumulating more SKL shares benjitara?
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

Interesting reading into both SKL AND STU. Both have headwinds but have managed to report decent increases in revenues but margins are squeezed. I'd be slightly more bullish about SKL given that I don't believe STU can replicate their FY15 performance although I'd certainly argue STU is better priced to buy into currently given yield, etc... Both satisfactory reports in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    So you're an SKL shareholder accumulating more SKL shares benjitara?
    I will accumulate on a softening of the share price and continued dairy lull yes. and I currently hold SKL shares yes
    Last edited by benjitara; 18-02-2016 at 11:58 AM.