sharetrader
Page 48 of 126 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898 ... LastLast
    Missed by that much

Quote Originally Posted by xafalcon View Post
    Another million shares for Sir Selwyn

https://nzx.com/companies/SKL/announcements/278214
    And he is still buying:
    https://www.nzx.com/companies/SKL/announcements/278822
    If the directors have this much confidence it bodes well for the future.

SKL at 128

One that doesn't seem to have recovered the slide after that not so good announcement.

Mind you PGW not looking flash either
    Last edited by winner69; 15-03-2016 at 01:45 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Both on my watch list after getting out ahead before slides. Still like both.

Gunny

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    SKL at 128

One that doesn't seem to have recovered the slide after that not so good announcement.

Sir Selwyn still loves it He is still appears to be buying for long term?Can't go wrong

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by kiora View Post
    Sir Selwyn still loves it He is still appears to be buying for long term?
    I think you have to take a longer term view with SKL. I started buying last year, average buy price $1.30. The share price sank, then raced up just before the latest half year announcement, then sank again. I bought some more just recently at $1.30! There are some on this forum who have bought and sold over that time frame.

But the new factory is only just starting to come on stream. Any efficiencies captured will be trickling their way into the accounts over the next 18 months. Meanwhile the exchange rate is weakening off. Their new Alfa Romeo drive coupling contract in Italy is yet to start, but ready to go. Countering that is tough times for dairy and iron ore producers which keeps a lid on the profit SKL is making from those respective industries. But the rubber milking cups and slurry carrying rubber connectors are ultimately 'must have' consumables, not luxuries. Purchase cannot be postponed forever.

It all adds up to an ideal time to accumulate SKL by my reckoning.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 15-03-2016 at 02:25 PM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Both on my watch list after getting out ahead before slides. Still like both.

Gunny
    Gunny - SKL been gunny be good for years and years

Has anything really changed?
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    SKL at 128

Looks like anything with major exposure to dairy is under serious pressure.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Not changed just taking a holiday and earning greater capital gains in other shares at the moment before getting back in. THL and SCL doing it for me currently, CAV not (bugger) . May peg SCL back to balance my portfolio and reinvest in the expected upswing in SKL in a while but seeing too much upside in SCL over SKL at the moment.

Gunny

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    I think you have to take a longer term view with SKL. I started buying last year, average buy price $1.30. The share price sank, then raced up just before the latest half year announcement, then sank again. I bought some more just recently at $1.30! There are some on this forum who have bought and sold over that time frame.

But the new factory is only just starting to come on stream. Any efficiencies captured will be trickling their way into the accounts over the next 18 months. Meanwhile the exchange rate is weakening off. Their new Alfa Romeo drive coupling contract in Italy is yet to start, but ready to go. Countering that is tough times for dairy and iron ore producers which keeps a lid on the profit SKL is making from those respective industries. But the rubber milking cups and slurry carrying rubber connectors are ultimately 'must have' consumables, not luxuries. Purchase cannot be postponed forever.

It all adds up to an ideal time to accumulate SKL by my reckoning.

SNOOPY
    The drive coupling is a potential mine field.
    Car manufacturers are mean,and usually demand supply ex warehouse.ie SKL may need to carry stock in Italy.
    SKL were sued [successfully] by Marley for supplying not to specification products.Doing the same thing for a car manufacturer,would mean a recall.The manufacturer would then sue SKL for the cost of the recall.It could/would break SKL.
    Drive couplings would be a lot more sophisticated than down pipes or irrigation pipes used by Marley.
    Last edited by percy; 15-03-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    The drive coupling is a potential mine field.
    Car manufacturers are mean,and usually demand supply ex warehouse.ie SKL may need to carry stock in Italy.
    SKL were sued [successfully] by Marley for supplying not to specification products.Doing the same thing for a car manufacturer,would mean a recall.The manufacturer would then sue SKL for the cost of the recall.It could/would break SKL.
    Drive couplings would be a lot more sophisticated than down pipes or irrigation pipes used by Marley.
    A thought-provoking post percy.
    SKL's refusal to face up to its failings with the Marley product was grubby. Copped a drubbing when it went to court.