sharetrader
Page 54 of 126 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    In some ways they are a little one dimensional.. Mining.. Dairy.

But in others; worth looking at..

Disc. Hold.
    Hmm - mining and dairy are already two - and don't forget building industry and automotive ... makes in my books already 4 dimensions - scary
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Advanced Member

Building in NZ is not going to stop until immigration comes to it's senses..

Where are all of these highly qualified Forecourt Engineers going to get their next job as digital takes over. ??

Automotive.. The top end.. Always some one at the top end wanting to boost their ego's....

Mining/Dairy.. Same boat .. Commodities. Commodities will always be needed. That is why they are called commodities..

Buy in the dips.. IMHO..

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I'd say its a unique / golden opportunity to top up / buy in if you think the company's optimism about its future prospects is soundly based, (I stand by my previous comments in that regard, see previous page). Fact is entry / exit from the NZX50 can have a dramatic impact on a companies share price as we saw with CVT when it was granted entry and bolted up 20%.

On the other hand there might be a golden opportunity for those with a more neutral view "hold approach" to sell now and repurchase as part of the closing match process on Friday.

Opportunity knocks depending on one's viewpoint. DYOR. Disc Not holding or contemplating purchasing on Friday afternoon.
    Well I 'DMOR' as Roger advised.

Closing price on 12th September (date of Roger's post) was $1.33 (the indicative sell price).
    Closing price on 15th September (date of exit from NZX50) was $1.35 (the indicative repurchase price).

Throw in another couple of percent for buy and sell brokerage and I get a total loss of 4.7cps on this sure fire trade. Which only goes to show that no matter how sensible a trading opprtunity seems, there is no sure thing on the market.

SNOOPY
    Last edited by Snoopy; 17-09-2016 at 11:35 AM.
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Well I 'DMOR' as Roger advised.

Closing price on 12th September (date of Roger's post) was $1.33 (the indicative sell price).
    Closing price on 15th September (date of exit from NZX50) was $1.35 (the indicative repurchase price).

Throw in another couple of percent for buy and sell brokerage and I get a total loss of 4.7cps on this sure fire trade. Which only goes to show that no matter how sensible a trading opprtunity seems, there is no sure thing on the market.

SNOOPY
    It mightn't all happen on day one. Lets keep an eye on it for a couple or three weeks.
    Took a few days before AIR wandered its way down to 193....hopefully its new base.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Just a heads-up folks. SKL is being removed from the NZX50 index during the close of trading match process on Friday 16th Sept. Likely to see significant downward pressure by index tracking funds exiting this stock. I also note that ACC who have a superb track record of investment returns have been reducing their holding lately.
    I'd also note that exiting the NZX50 does not effect their underlying business but rather the way in which some may trade their interests in the business.

sizeable off market trades going thru this morning, presume its nzx50 reshuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by cdonald View Post
    sizeable off market trades going thru this morning, presume its nzx50 reshuffling.
    Noob question: where do you get that sort of trade info?

Quote Originally Posted by hey_homes View Post
    Noob question: where do you get that sort of trade info?
    Just find a broker who provides you with market depth information ... e.g. ANZSecurities (as long as you trade with them at least once every 3 months).
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Righto, cheers. I trade with ASB Securities less regularly than once every 3 months but that's good to know.

Quote Originally Posted by hey_homes View Post
    Righto, cheers. I trade with ASB Securities less regularly than once every 3 months but that's good to know.
    This gives you trades throughout the day .....for free
    http://stocknessmonster.com/
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”