sharetrader
Page 55 of 126 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105 ... LastLast

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farm...-by-50c-to-525

Looks like the turnaround is coming with share price showing modest gains this week

Default SKL vs AIR ... remember the discussion a month or so ago?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    ... Of course are directors buying no guarantee for SP rising, but they hopefully will always know more about the company than even a good informed share holder - i.e. lower risk to buy if they are confident.

I guess if you want to compare SKL and AIR: SKL does not operate planes (i.e. less likely to crash), but more importantly ... they are just lifting off from rock bottom with 2 major customer groups (dairy and mining) both smelling spring air after a long and hard economical winter.

AIR on the other hand just started on the downward cycle.

Again - there are obviously plenty of other differences but industry and position in the cycle (both are cyclical, though);

A good time to swap my SKL against AIR shares might be when mining and dairy are both booming ... and after AIR reached its cyclical low (obviously - I can't guarantee that these two events will happen concurrently, but you can always live in hope).
    So far it looks like SKL performed quite nicely compared to AIR since our discussion end of August ... anybody else noticed this friendly Golden Cross which SKL just passed?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 24-09-2016 at 01:52 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation You gota wunder about weather somebody doing there job proper

So, I gets this email that says Wont a 'Annual Report? Tries this link to there or this other link to here.

So, I tries the link to there and I gets a list of reports but the 2016 'Annual Report for this year is a flipping flip book it says. Well, that's not a lot use to me is it? Like I wont to download the thing don't I?

So, I tries the link to here and, blow me, if I don't gets that flipping flip book again. Like if I had wonted that I would have stuck with it the first time right!

So, I thinks this ain't good enough, I wonts to register a complaint, how does I does that?

So, I goes to the front of the website to find the contact us stuff and there is a bit half way down the right hand side that says Latest releases and under that it says Annual Report (flip book or PDF).
    Well that looks promising I thinks to myself, I will give it go and see what transpires so to speak.

So, I clicks on it and this box pops up and says do you wont a flip book or a PDF or a Cancel.
    So, I goes for the PDF like and then the window goes all back and a little blue line starts wandering across the top of the black from the left to the right and when it hits the right end the Annual Report appears in PDF like from nowhere!
    So, I hits the download this to you puter before it goes away again arrowy thing and it says Where you wont it? and I says Put it there with the other ones and it does.

So, thats how you gets what you wants but it is a bit of bother and why they didnt put that in the flipping email in the first place beats me.

Happy Reading
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Veteran novice

SKL expects "consistent earnings".

http://news.iguana2.com/skellerup/NZX/SKL/291496

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    SKL expects "consistent earnings".

http://news.iguana2.com/skellerup/NZX/SKL/291496
    Last year $20.5m - F17 $20m to $22m

Selwyn says 'up to 7% more than F16' - not incorrect but it could be less than last year

One thing - another consistent year for SKL .....and one of their better ones
    Last edited by winner69; 26-10-2016 at 02:00 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Last Year at this time of year the board predicted a more significant profit increase than 7% by miles and got it horribly wrong as the year unfolded. At the time of the annual result this year they exuded confidence about a profit increase this year "The Board is confident that we will deliver an improvement in earnings in FY17." Now they're forecasting $20 - $22m, obviously the mid point is $21m just a fraction better than last year's disappointing $20.5m.

Extract from last year's annual meeting "28/10/15 Market Update at Annual Meeting - Skellerup expects strong increase in profit and forecasts $24 - $26M for FY16 based on strong first quarter.
    At that time they were projecting at the mid point a profit of $25m and only achieved a very disappointing $20.5m.

Since then we have the above expression of strong confidence in August 2016 of profit growth this year but that has now been watered down to more or less steady as she goes.

In my opinion, beware ! This is is definitely not a company that under promises and over delivers.

I remain underwhelmed. Disc: Don't hold.
    Last edited by Beagle; 26-10-2016 at 02:43 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    Last Year at this time of year the board predicted a more significant profit increase than 7% by miles and got it horribly wrong as the year unfolded. At the time of the annual result this year they exuded confidence about a profit increase this year "The Board is confident that we will deliver an improvement in earnings in FY17." Now they're forecasting $20 - $22m, obviously the mid point is $21m just a fraction better than last year's disappointing $20.5m.

Extract from last year's annual meeting "28/10/15 Market Update at Annual Meeting - Skellerup expects strong increase in profit and forecasts $24 - $26M for FY16 based on strong first quarter.
    At that time they were projecting at the mid point a profit of $25m and only achieved a very disappointing $20.5m.

Since then we have the above expression of strong confidence in August 2016 of profit growth this year but that has now been watered down to more or less steady as she goes.

In my opinion, beware ! This is is definitely not a company that under promises and over delivers.

I remain underwhelmed. Disc: Don't hold.
    While all this is true, the combination of the stated expectation, the strong balance sheet and the almost-completion of the costs of the new facilities, suggests to this amateur plunger that the dividend should be maintained at least for the near term. Happy to be a holder at these levels.

Quote Originally Posted by traineeinvestor View Post
    While all this is true, the combination of the stated expectation, the strong balance sheet and the almost-completion of the costs of the new facilities, suggests to this amateur plunger that the dividend should be maintained at least for the near term. Happy to be a holder at these levels.
    Indeed.

My reasons for purchase of this share are still valid.

I would love to see the new factory.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Question Does it have a decent canteen

Shiny new factory obviously worth a few cents on the share price.

Hope that translates to a few extra dollars on the profits.

Best Wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farm...-trade-auction

The new plant might have come on just in time, confident farmers with opening wallets.