sharetrader
Page 71 of 126 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581121 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dodgy View Post
    Good morning BP and all,
    Imports plus value added (incl. labour etc. ) = exports which in this case may add a very nice margin on cost.
    Regards
    -dodgy
    That is indeed the essence of a successful export company.

Fully expect Skellerup to obtain big benefits from the drop in the NZ$, the rise of the US$ and see a few profit upgrades in the year ahead.

Just a note of caution. Every year they have been optimistic about the year ahead. Out of four recent years I think they have been right just once. This company has a very chequered track record when it comes to meeting forecasts. Just because they did it once doesn't mean all credibility is restored and all previous sins and bad profit guidance miss's are forgotten. Anyone thinking the market might accord them anywhere near an average market PE should probably not hold their breath while waiting.chart.jpg Five year comparison to the NZX50
    Last edited by Beagle; 19-08-2018 at 03:48 PM.
    Ecclesiastes 11:2: “Divide your portion to seven, or even to eight, for you do not know what misfortune may occur on the earth.
    Ben Graham - In the short run the market is a voting machine but in the long run the market is a weighing machine

percy

Yes we certainly were led up the garden path a few times.
    Maybe it is different this time with Elizabeth Coutts as Chair.?
    I was tempted on reading the result.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Just a note of caution. Every year they have been optimistic about the year ahead. Out of four recent years I think they have been right just once. This company has a very chequered track record when it comes to meeting forecasts. Just because they did it once doesn't mean all credibility is restored and all previous sins and bad profit guidance miss's are forgotten. Anyone thinking the market might accord them anywhere near an average market PE should probably not hold their breath while waiting.chart.jpg Five year comparison to the NZX50
    Picked mine up late October 2015

Nothing to gripe about so far.. Good dividend with a steadily climbing share price.

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    Yes we certainly were led up the garden path a few times.
    Maybe it is different this time with Elizabeth Coutts as Chair.?
    I was tempted on reading the result.
    Who knows? Being a diversified company, I guess it is not so easy to have all cylinders firing at the same time?

I am playing the export and NZ$ so am very comfortable of the outlook ahead for the nexzt couple of years.

percy

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Who knows? Being a diversified company, I guess it is not so easy to have all cylinders firing at the same time?

I am playing the export and NZ$ so am very comfortable of the outlook ahead for the nexzt couple of years.
    Yes certainly the export outlook was why I was keen on them.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

I get the impression they are slowly working their way into being a major player in the world dairy industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post

I owned some SKL shares a few years ago. Glad to be done with them and learned a few lessons. Didn’t lose anything material, did enjoy the nice divvy but thinking about the opportunity cost and looking at that vicious chart, well...

not a great track record, don’t really own up to bad results and always opti,istic for future only to contradict themselves with the result. Maybe Liz Coutts will be an improvement over Selwyn.

Until they get some wins under their belt a PE of 14.7 looks very rich. Either BGR or TRA look much better value for people looking for great growing companies with strong divvies and great track records.
    Last edited by Patient Panda; 19-08-2018 at 11:07 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patient Panda View Post
    I owned some SKL shares a few years ago. Glad to be done with them and learned a few lessons. Didn’t lose anything material, did enjoy the nice divvy but thinking about the opportunity cost and looking at that vicious chart, well...

not a great track record, don’t really own up to bad results and always opti,istic for future only to contradict themselves with the result. Maybe Liz Coutts will be an improvement over Selwyn.

Until they get some wins under their belt a PE of 14.7 looks very rich. Either BGR or TRA look much better value for people looking for great growing companies with strong divvies and great track records.
    I can only refer you to my experience..

Purchased late October 2015. At about $1.39. Now about $2.10.. Producing a very reasonable dividend..

With in my opinion.... A niche market that they understand and are very capable of taking over..

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by janner View Post
    I can only refer you to my experience..

Purchased late October 2015. At about $1.39. Now about $2.10.. Producing a very reasonable dividend..

With in my opinion.... A niche market that they understand and are very capable of taking over..
    I’m about the same, a month or so earlier at about $1.25. In addition to above nice new factory to improve the efficiency of what they are making. I think this has earned a place in my portfolio, albeit at a low %, 2.44. Will consider adding if performance remains solid over next few years.