sharetrader
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: TLS - Telstra

Default TLS - Telstra

I've had a look at the Telstra T3 offer and it looks interesting. However, it seems New Zealand investors will be charged an extra 10c per share as well as not having any rights to the bonus share scheme (compared to Australian investors)

So... would anybody recommend getting some shares in the share offering or is it better to wait until they list and buy the shares on market?

Nope, got my copy of T3 in mail yesterday, and deceided to leave the chequebook untouched.

rymndchn junior member forget TLS and concentrate on NZ SHARES.. [8D]

bricks....thats a bit harsh.rymndchn could have perhaps have used an existing threads perhaps but given the exposure that this is having in nz its a fair query me thinks.
    Ive been overseas for a bit and am trying to decide what to do.me thinks that it s probably a good deal or rather the boffins behind it will have ensured to a point it aint going to be a dog like t2.or perhaps that is wishful thinking on my part.

go smm.

troyvdh member forget TLS and concentrate on NZ SHARES.. [8D]

Interesting............ So far Rymndehn has asked the question, to buy or not to buy, Kura is saving on his bank fees, Bricks is backing "Buy NZ Campaign" and Troyvhd thinks its probably a goer.

Not a great deal of advise to work with is there.

theres are thread someone on the ASX forum with a bit more insight about the T3 offer.

quoteosted by rymndchn
    . . . it seems New Zealand investors will be charged an extra 10c per share as well as not having any rights to the bonus share scheme (compared to Australian investors)
    No one seems to have explained why NZers are charged this extra 10c. And you have to pay in Oz dollars, which means paying for a bank cheque if you don't have a bank a/c over there.
    In all, I figure each T3 share will cost around NZD2.50. It might make more sense to wait for the float and buy on market, ifor those who really want to buy [more?] TLS.

quote:Originally posted by Lawso

quoteosted by rymndchn
    . . . it seems New Zealand investors will be charged an extra 10c per share as well as not having any rights to the bonus share scheme (compared to Australian investors)
    No one seems to have explained why NZers are charged this extra 10c. And you have to pay in Oz dollars, which means paying for a bank cheque if you don't have a bank a/c over there.
    In all, I figure each T3 share will cost around NZD2.50. It might make more sense to wait for the float and buy on market, ifor those who really want to buy [more?] TLS.
    As vendor is the OZ govt, I suppose they are entitled to favour their residents over NZ (NB: All institutions also have to pay the extra 10 cents, and also miss out on bonus shares) These two features were only made available to retail investors who reside in OZ. (Govt politicians wanting to earn some points/votes for giving the average Joe public a better deal than anyone else gets.

After reading prospectus, not only have I decided not to participate in T3, but I have also decided to dispose of my existing TLS holding. Too much regulatory uncertainty for me, yes dividend seems attractive, untill you realise dividend isn't even fully covered by earnings. The cynic in me also wonders if TLS price has been supported somehow to manage the T3 sale process.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

SO we have 2 T3 threads with this the first and established one.
    Just about any broker I have ever had the misfortune to give my email address to has contacted me already. OK so they have to shift a serious amount of scrip with this one so perhaps that explains the state of my inbox but you wonder whether supply is going to exceed demand.
    om mani peme hum