sharetrader
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: TLS - Telstra

Telstra's covid update says they will still meet guidance, just, maybe.
    And the billion dollar dividend is still going out.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

I don't understand why, given the boom in online business, Telstra is projecting a lower EPS for next year, falling EBITDA and DPS. This is a major player and surely should be looking up. Anyone explain, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I don't understand why, given the boom in online business, Telstra is projecting a lower EPS for next year, falling EBITDA and DPS. This is a major player and surely should be looking up. Anyone explain, please?
    its to do with there NBN obligations
    one step ahead of the herd

Growth forecasted in 2022 !!!

We expect our total Enterprise business to return to growth in FY22 after combining mobile, Data & IP,NAS and International, and adjacencies such as Health to contribute to our turn around
    Last edited by peat; 12-11-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Delisting

As TLS are delisting from the NZX at the 16th June, the announcement released on 26 Mach, stated we can still trade our shares via a NZ stockbroker.

Would it be more prudent to sell prior to 16th June, or sell after the 16th, through the likes of Direct Broking are the any additional cost involved.

I have been intending to sell my TLS holding for some time, the dividends are payed in $Aust, with no imputation credits attached.

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    Delisting

As TLS are delisting from the NZX at the 16th June, the announcement released on 26 Mach, stated we can still trade our shares via a NZ stockbroker.

Would it be more prudent to sell prior to 16th June, or sell after the 16th, through the likes of Direct Broking are the any additional cost involved.

I have been intending to sell my TLS holding for some time, the dividends are payed in $Aust, with no imputation credits attached.

I don't know, but there doesn't seem to be any obvious advantage to waiting til after the 16th rather than selling now. I've held these for many years and will go on holding them. They're not a great investment but every dog has its day eventually?

I will add them to my ever so slowly growing Australian portfolio... it seems like a cheap way of diversifying - although that diversification probably already existed in fact.

I believe the sum of TLS's parts are worth more than TLS is valued at collectively. If they do end up splitting out and buying NBN it will be a win/win for shareholders.

Delisting from the NZX is one of many first steps to make this easier to complete so I see this as a positive for TLS.

gone from NZX now.... TLS.NZX shareholders will automatically receive equivalent TLS.ASX and still get paid divi's in NZD same as always.

Another delisting for the NZX , probably not one that NZ people care about too much despite it being a massive company. but another one not paying NZX any more fees.