sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default CMC Markets "Free Seminar"

...free seminar (profit strategies.com.au): 8th. and 9th. November, Sky City Convention Centre; just registered and was confirmed as one of the 150 free entries trading with the CMC Market platform...

...CMC Markets: value ~$4000.-

...see you there and Kind Regards

Banned

I been to a one in brisbane, its interesting, I decided only to use cmc to trade fx.

I'll be there.
    They need some successful traders out there, so its in their interest to run quality courses. It might all be in books and on the web, but nothing like human interaction to inspire and get techniques across.

Still one thing I havn't got my head around. If all CFD traders were consistently profitable, could the company make money from the commissions alone?

...well Ricardo, assumptions are, that 80%(!!!!) of traders in the share-and derivative markets are loosing money

...it's hard work, but with a good strategy also rewarding

Kind Regards

I'm booked in and getting a couple of days off work to attend this. Seemed like too good an opportunity to give up.

Interesting - this page on another forum raises a query about CMC ie a 40 pip move in a minute in the Euro/USD pair on their platform while there is no spike on an alternative platform.

http://www.mysharetrading.com/2006/0...crepancies.htm

I have seen these price spikes in other stocks, ALL for one, and while there seems little doubt that market makers can influence prices, wonder if CMC (also a market maker) can do so while another
    platform does not.

Makes a case for only having mental stops (need discipline) but placing electronic sell orders at a high level in case of one of these spikes (play their game).

However, may attend seminar, interested in the forex service.
    George.

George, I've come across are a few posts re CMC on the net. Along the lines of what you are saying, but relating to stocks rather than forex, the bid and ask quotes are CMC's, and not the NZX, ASX or whatever you are trading.
    They are obviously closely related, but I have seen the comment that if you are short term trading you must use the Marketmaker charts and indicators. If you have a live feed into your own software the signals you get could get you into trouble if you use them for timing your entry / exit via Marketmaker.

Hopefully this isn't a Freudian slip!!

Free CFD seminars
    If you would like to find out more about CFDs come along to a Free introsuction to CFDs seminar.

The seminar will be an education session, designed to outline the benefits of trading Share, Index, Sector, Treasury and Commodity CFDs on the New Zealand, Australian, US, UK and other global markets.
    Learn more >

Where
    Date

Auckland Wed 15th Nov, 2006 Register now
    Christchurch Sat 18th Nov, 2006 Register now
    Hamilton Wed 20th Nov, 2006 Register now
    Rotorua Wed 22nd Nov, 2006 Register now
    Tauranga Tues 21st Nov, 2006 Register now
    Taupo Tues 21st Nov, 2006 Register now

Might go along myself though!

The first day of AIM seminar (Active Investor Methods) :

A roadmap covering a lot of basics , lots of motivational stuff and a few strategies. Tho it was really pushing to sell you more training or expensive software.
    Profit Source was the name of the technical analysis software and costing you a mere $4190 NZD. It does look pretty slick tho, it applies EW counts over the charts and identifies patterns for you across the companies it charts. Real time data costs extra but you get 12 months of EOD feed.

http://www.optionetics.com/tools/software/profitsource/

He does give a nice analysis of how to trade waves 4 or 5 however this is using proprietary oscillators and a Range Projector only found on the software. I imagine you could model these yourself tho. The strategy itself is straight forward and systematic ie repeatable.

I certainly am learning things but this course is not purely educational.

How do you make money from trading when you don't know how to trade or find it too hard to make money - easy - you go on the road and sell trading software and systems.
    A quote from "Fraud in the City" by Rowan Bosworth-Davies
    "Fraudsters operate under the idea that anyone who believes what they tell them deserve to be ripped off"