sharetrader
Page 1039 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 395399399891029103510361037103810391040104110421043104910891139 ... LastLast
Results 10,381 to 10,390 of 14173
    Guru

Let's hope the shares keep tumbling down.

Will make it easier for The Board to buyback a significant amount of shares if they can get them cheaper.

I was going to wait until the property sale before I looked at grabbing more, but if things take a tumble now I might not be able to help myself. Property announcement or no property announcement.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    lol yes.

still a lot cheaper than my previous skybox monthly cost (by about half)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    lol yes.

still a lot cheaper than my previous skybox monthly cost (by about half)
    Sure, but navigating 6 different streaming apps is arse. You are probably saving $1/day max - not really life changing money and I would argue that you have introduced much more hassle into your life each day for that $1 saving.

This is where the new STB will be very helpful.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Sure, but navigating 6 different streaming apps is arse. You are probably saving $1/day max - not really life changing money and I would argue that you have introduced much more hassle into your life each day for that $1 saving.

This is where the new STB will be very helpful.
    eh? I was paying almost $120 a month for my skybox subscription.

now I’m paying:

Netlfix is “free” with spark broadband
    AppleTV+ is “free” with the Apple services bundle I’m on.
    Amazon prime is $4.49c a month
    Disney+ was $99 on a 1 year deal ($8.25c a month)
    Neon is $12 a month through Spark
    SkySport I’m paying equivalent of $33.33 a month (annual plan).

so I’m paying half as much, and getting far more content.

With Neon & SkySportNow I’m getting 95% of the content I watched for only $45 a month. Now I’m also getting all the extra content from the other 4 services as well (which dwarves what I was getting from skybox) for less than $15 a month.

in terms of experience - I view everything through Apple TV box, with the AppleTv+ app as aggregator for the services that support it (AppleTv+/Disney+/AmazonPrime). NEON & Netflix don’t integrate, but you can quick access shows you are watching on them from the AppleTV box Home Screen
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 21-09-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Banned

Reaching? But the Earning Guidance has not changed?

People who have read my posts know that I am far from sceptical about the future prospects. I do think the HBO deal was great and my analysis of Sky leads me to believe that it is still significantly undervalued.

The point I make is that, on this thread, a huge amount of emphasis seems to be given to what the SP is every hour. And investors who are happy to continue holding seem ‘happier’ now that the SP has risen significantly…because they are wealthier on paper, but it means it will be more expensive now if they wish to increase their holding.
    And if they are holding still it must logically be because they think Sky is still undervalued (otherwise surely they would sell and move on to the next target?). And if they think Sky is undervalued they should want to buy more of it…in which case the recent SP increase is a terrible outcome for them.

I have enjoyed the banter though - it is always interesting to see how different people view stock prices, risk, volatility etc.

And we are quite likely talking at cross purposes on a couple of the issues 😅
    Yeah, good debate but cross purposes on whether we are talking about actual risk or the perception of risk. The latter is in the eye of the beholder. I still see Sky as more investable now than a month ago, but that's just me (and currently, the market).

I like the small cap, green shoots type of business where the risk and reward is higher. Not that Sky is a green shoots business but it has worked it's way to become small cap.

I was in A2 not long after they listed and more recently in PEB which has gone from 15c to $1.45 in 15 months. Sometimes if you wait for the stars to align you miss out on the fun of the chase and the biggest pay-outs.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    eh? I was paying almost $120 a month for my skybox subscription.

now I’m paying:

Netlfix is “free” with spark broadband
    AppleTV+ is “free” with the Apple services bundle I’m on.
    Amazon prime is $4.49c a month
    Disney+ was $99 on a 1 year deal ($8.25c a month)
    Neon is $12 a month through Spark
    SkySport I’m paying equivalent of $33.33 a month (annual plan).

so I’m paying half as much, and getting far more content.

With Neon & SkySportNow I’m getting 95% of the content I watched for only $45 a month. Now I’m also getting all the extra content from the other 4 services as well (which dwarves what I was getting from skybox) for less than $15 a month.

in terms of experience - I view everything through Apple TV box, with the AppleTv+ app as aggregator for the services that support it (AppleTv+/Disney+/AmazonPrime). NEON & Netflix don’t integrate, but you can quick access shows you are watching on them from the AppleTV box Home Screen
    Ultimately your adoption of Sky's streaming services is good for them them because it highlights where the growing demand is (and therefore helps them work out how much more to invest in streaming).

You are also getting the content you want, for a lower price. Fantastic.

Streaming is cheaper for Sky too. So, even though the 'top line' revenue (your $45/month vs STB ARPU of ~$80/month) generated is lower, they don't have to pay for satellite infrastructure, STB's, technicians to go around doing installations and disconnections. In fact, even staff numbers required to answer customer queries will be minimal as most people can self serve for everything they need. Only a subset of their total content is on NEON, so content costs are also cheaper. Also good for Sky in the long term.

Don't kid yourself about getting netflix for "free" though. You are getting a discount on your netflix, but you are still paying about $14/month. Not sure how "free" the apple deal is.

So, all in, you are still paying around $72/month - a saving of $48/month. And who doesn't love a decent saving? Though, that still only equates to about $1.58/day (one third of the cost of a decent coffee in Auckland).

Still a good choice for you, because it doesn't sound like you watched much of the content that the extra $1.58/day gave you. But let's be honest here, the 'savings' you are making are small change.

I too am a fan of Apple TV (and use one myself for streaming). They have made some progress in sorting out the cross-service aggregation problem, however they (and everyone else) are limited by licensing restrictions for most services.

For a large number of customers who do still enjoy consuming Sky's broad range of content, and are happy to pay an extra $1-$2 per day than they would if they just subscribed to multiple streaming platforms...the new STB will be a much better product for them than Apple TV.

I am one of those customers.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 21-09-2021 at 04:34 PM. Reason: clarification

In today's news Amazon says that it will spend 7.5 BILLION building data centres in Auckland. I think that Sky have a very suitable building site for that sort of money.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by airedale View Post
    In today's news Amazon says that it will spend 7.5 BILLION building data centres in Auckland. I think that Sky have a very suitable building site for that sort of money.
    Yeah, I'll take $7.5B for the campus no worries.

I will even be prepared to cut Amazon a break if they ask nicely and make it NZ$7.5B instead if US$7.5B.

Yeah, I'll take $7.5B for the campus no worries.

I will even be prepared to cut Amazon a break if they ask nicely and make it NZ$7.5B instead if US$7.5B.
    I know how people like nice round figures, so will tell the Board to take NZ$7B with life time subscriptions thrown in.