sharetrader
Page 826 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 3267267768168228238248258268278288298308368769261326 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,260 of 14171
    Advanced Member

Also trades (i) to (iv) were made during the restricted period as those were within 30 days of the half year results:

Clear breach of trading policy:

https://www.sky.co.nz/documents/1170...ing_Policy.pdf

Advanced Member

The form needs to be resubmitted to NZX has he's selected "NO" on this part here:

Whether relevant interests were acquired or disposed of during a closed period: No

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...318/346091.pdf

Advanced Member

How can a director, who had inside knowledge of the half year results, buy stock a few days before the half year results are released?

Advanced Member

The NZX, FMA, Sky, Sharesies, and Mr Handley need to get together and come up with a "Please Explain".

The law has been broken.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    You have to sort all properties by price, then go through the listing and find where it sits compared to other properties that have shown asking pricing. Then roughly guess where it sits. It's easier to do with residential property, commercial a lot harder.
    I did this but can only see that its more than the 8.5m for 33 Sale St... lets assume they sell for 10m, is that more or less than Book Value in Skys accounts and will there be a gain or loss.

Quote Originally Posted by bulyak View Post
    Geeze. Dont really follow this thing that closely. But let me get this straight. The company has a mkt cap of 300 Million, no debt and EBITDA of 40 Million for the 6 months ending 31 December. Is now offering broadband to increase stickiness of service, while also developing an inhouse streaming service via its satellite service not using Chrous or Vocus broadband which it might flip to once there is enough customer acquisition in place to pay for more R&D. On top of that, its has the international rights to televise the All Blacks, the golden gem that the owners of UFC thought they could steal from NZRU. Post Covid scare factor, when more sports are on the cards and live TV advertising is back with more international test rugby. Crikey.... This thing is crazy undervalued. The market cap on this should be at least 15 times EBITDA before all this other stuff plays out. I value this thing at a minimum of 1.2 billion or .80 cent a share. And then through in all the opportunities of growth. Yeh, I'm not surprised the big boys in US arent all over this.
    Deep breath, now repeat with me............

BUT MUH NETFLICKS!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post

BUT MUH NETFLICKS!

Netflix must be growing increasingly concerned with these mergers and takeovers. Facing off against Disney was a big enough blow.

I don't think any of this will impact Sky too much. We have already started going down the co-exclusive path with Viacom and Discovery. It's the new reality. Though I also think the more OTT services released as part of these co-exclusive deals the better our proposition looks.

Sure, you could subscribe to HULU, HBO MAX, Peacock, Discovery+ etc... or you could sign up to NEON for $16/month and get all of the main content on a single platform.

The only way things become really bad for Sky is if the bundle ceased to be the most economical way for consumers to access a broad range of quality content.

I am sure Chris Keall will be publishing a story soon though with the worst possible case scenario for Sky, and pitching the article as though this "final nail in the Sky coffin" is all but certain.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post

BUT MUH NETFLICKS!
    Most people I know including me hardly watch Netflix anymore. Those that do cancel after a while and then catch up on the shows they missed. My main interests in front of the TV are gaming and watching sport (living the middle-age dream).

There ultimately will be people that are going to subscribe to Sky Sports just for a month or two while the sport they watch is on. With more live sport happening again they might keep it longer or because they got a bundled deal. This is the future of sports watching and Sky (probably with thanks to Spark Sport) finally saw the future.

Sky is priced like a business that is dying rather than re-inventing itself. Alone the name recognition is worth millions. Any future merged company would be amiss not to continue with that name.