sharetrader
Page 651 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1515516016416476486496506516526536546556617017511151 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,510 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Dumping the trucks on the side of the road is starting to look pretty good now, mmhh?
    Well, we def don’t want to spend $50M upgrading trucks when there is no guarantee of how much business OSB will get once Spark Sport and others begin winning more sport rights.

So yeah, if they block it I reckon we just wind the business down anyway. Put the trucks on the side of road with a $10,000 or nearest offer cardboard sign in the windshield and just have done with the f*cken things.

Then sign on with NEP for the next 5 years.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Well, we def don’t want to spend $50M upgrading trucks when there is no guarantee of how much business OSB will get once Spark Sport and others begin winning more sport rights.

So yeah, if they block it I reckon we just wind the business down anyway. Put the trucks on the side of road with a $10,000 or nearest offer cardboard sign in the windshield and just have done with the f*cken things.

Then sign on with NEP for the next 5 years.
    It was never about the $50m. It's going to cost more over the long run to outsource the service as prices will increase over time.

It only made sense to sell because the trucks have nothing to do over the summer months now that the cricket rights are gone.

Once OSB is flicked off, it should clear the way for a takeover. That's the real positive.

What’s the thesis here? Hasn’t SKY been struggling for years, what’s all the hype about now?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    What’s the thesis here? Hasn’t SKY been struggling for years, what’s all the hype about now?
    The long and short of it is that the Comcom keeps putting Sky into a weird state of Zugzwang.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Checkmate View Post
    Basically, Sky has a huge monopoly more than Google, FaceBook, New World and Countdown combined, so the entire ComCom team is on the case, with 100 people looking over the application with a fine comb and writing 100 point rebuttals.

Guru

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/12354...cid=app-iPhone

I could understand the ComCom having concerns if the sky deal with NEP was exclusive. Obviously that would be a major issue and I would be shocked that Sky and NEP would even propose such a thing.

But Sky has refuted that the 10 year deal is exclusive. Nothing to stop other companies like Spark from doing an equivalent deal with NEP.

But the Comcom seem to think that the proposed deal is exclusive?
    Last edited by mistaTea; 30-11-2020 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Dumping the trucks on the side of the road is starting to look pretty good now, mmhh?
    Just leave the trucks parked in Clendon. I am sure the trucks will disappear in no time.

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Just leave the trucks parked in Clendon. I am sure the trucks will disappear in no time.
    Hmmmm ...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/...injures-driver

Advanced Member

No announcement from Sky yet. Is this not price sensitive?