sharetrader
Page 1063 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 6356396310131053105910601061106210631064106510661067107311131163 ... LastLast
Results 10,621 to 10,630 of 14171

I'll have to settle for Gran Turismo on PS4 unless Mr Tea's vision for SKY comes true, then I'll go out and buy the real thing.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mikelee View Post
    I'll have to settle for Gran Turismo on PS4 unless Mr Tea's vision for SKY comes true, then I'll go out and buy the real thing.
    Look, just name one time I have ever been wrong about Sky!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Nek minute at AGM:

”we have decided to cancel the property sale as we need somewhere to store all the SkyGlass TVs we have ordered”
    Soooo... my contacts have confirmed that Sky UK have been swamped with orders for Sky Glass. They have almost run out of stock and are trying to ramp up production to meet Demand.

Even if Sky NZ were able to do a license deal today it will be some time before we could get our hands on the product, since Foxtel already did a deal and are ahead of us in the queue.

Guru

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/164576...ter-how-order/

Sky Glass...man what a turd! I sure hope SNT aren't even considering adopting the tech!

Right Lazer Eye?
    Last edited by mistaTea; 21-10-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Banned

Set top box vs Sky Glass

Should work with any TV, of any size, shape and quality vs limited selection, would require periodic purchases to keep up with latest tech

Should work with existing TV systems in ones home, lower cost than purchasing an entirely new TV vs requires purchase of a new TV, likely to replace one that still works fine

Not restricted by internet quality alone, offer best of both streaming and satellite vs experience dictated by internet quality

Technophobic individuals will require assistance, adding difficulty, need satellite dish for full function, inconvenient vs simpler installation, especially for those without complex sound systems

If you have the time or knowledge to set up the set top box, I see no reason why you would be compelled to buy Sky glass. IE, Sky glass will probably appeal most to the technophobic and the busy that have money to splash. Verdict? Would be nice to have in the offering but I think sky box should be our immediate priority.
    Last edited by Monarch; 21-10-2021 at 02:50 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
    Set top box vs Sky Glass

Should work with any TV, of any size, shape and quality vs limited selection, would require periodic purchases to keep up with latest tech

Should work with existing TV systems in ones home, lower cost than purchasing an entirely new TV vs requires purchase of a new TV, likely to replace one that still works fine

Not restricted by internet quality alone, offer best of both streaming and satellite vs experience dictated by internet quality

Technophobic individuals will require assistance, adding difficulty, need satellite dish for full function, inconvenient vs simpler installation, especially for those without complex sound systems

If you have the time or knowledge to set up the set top box, I see no reason why you would be compelled to buy Sky glass. IE, Sky glass will probably appeal most to the technophobic and the busy that have money to splash. Verdict? Would be nice to have in the offering but I think sky box should be our immediate priority.
    Very valid points. I say thank ya!

But...

Why do you guys think that Sky has to be a business that supports Set Top Box OR Sky Glass? Why can't they have both product offerings?

I will get the new STB early next year, and would be unlikely to buy a Sky Glass if it came out soon after because I have a 70inch UHD TV that is in great working order, and the new STB will give me the NETFLIX-style 'look and feel' for all of my content.

There will be plenty of other customers like me, so no argument there. And with regards to the hybrid nature of the new STB...that will be of benefit to some customers but not all. I hope it can function as a straight IP service too, for those who don't have a satellite dish (and don't want one).

But people are buying new TV's every day...if you are in the market for a new TV...why would Sky Glass not be competitive against other products?

If I needed to upgrade my TV...I would absolutely consider getting Sky Glass even if I already have the new STB. And there will be plenty of other people who do not have a STB and either are not Sky customers or just use SSN or NEON...when they are in the market for a new TV why wouldn't they consider Sky Glass? They may even cancel their NEON and SSN and take a more comprehensive Sky TV bundle if they like the way the TV works...

It really isn't one or the other guys!

Banned

Yeah as I said I think it would be a nice addition to the line-up, but I think the sky box will have wider appeal and I'd prefer sky to be razor focused on ensuring it is a success before they consider offering sky glass.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I still think we will probably find out by Friday that we are overnight billionaires... at the AGM next week absolute latest.

Just tossing up whether or not to go out and by the bottle of Dom today in anticipation.
    Wondering if Sky will make an announcement today on the property sale

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LEMON View Post
    Wondering if Sky will make an announcement today on the property sale
    I was hoping by today!

Not looking likely...but hopefully we still get an update by the AGM.

Advanced Member

Isn’t there a minimum time period for announcing a significant transaction like this to the market?