sharetrader
Page 731 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2316316817217277287297307317327337347357417818311231 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,310 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    you said SKY would be @ 1.2m subs because of streaming...
    https://giphy.com/gifs/breakingbad-b...U8V1CHKTUFtuFO

Hey guys pull your heads in. Share price drops and the schizophrenic personalitys come out. Yeah it dropped get over it. There was no real reason for the drop. 7% revenue drop is nothing much. Profit second half will be lower but maybe they are just continuing under promise over deliver. Because over delivering has been what sky has been doing the last 6 months.
    If your not comfortable put your shares in something else. The whole nz share market is pretty much down at the moment so it had to flow through to sky somehow.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Ogg speaks = sp goes down
    Ogg quiet = sp goes up

Sshhh Ogg, you’re not helping
    I think I've figured it out, it's not that you just talk. It's that you bat sh1t talk crazy weird implausible nonsense. You seem way more intelligent and onto it than to post ridiculous satire, especially when you don't use emoji so people have no idea whether you're serious or not. Poor MistaT, must be tiresome constantly correcting clarifying the rubbish you spew with the on-repeat dumb and dumber videos.

Do you reckon you could lift your game and say something serious and sensible? Today was a joke.

Good article (paywall): https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...KH67JZXKUDAJY/

"Sky said partnering with NZ Rugby and Saanzar to bring Super Rugby Aotearoa to a global audience, and build RugbyPass overall, was one of its top four goals for 2021."

"When Sky UK won the last rights in 2015 they paid $38m a year," the insider said. "I presume it's nowhere near as high as that this time but that gives RugbyPass a real chance to grow and it is a genuine global play by Sky NZ."

Jarden head of research Arie Dekker says the Sky-NZR relief talks are "delicate" and that it's hard to give a verdict on Sky's 2021 outlook until they reach a full conclusion.

As things stand, Dekker yesterday maintained his "under-weight" rating on Sky, with a 12-month target price of 18c also unchanged after Sky's interim earnings report earlier this week.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    I think I've figured it out, it's not that you just talk. It's that you bat sh1t talk crazy weird implausible nonsense. You seem way more intelligent and onto it than to post ridiculous satire, especially when you don't use emoji so people have no idea whether you're serious or not. Poor MistaT, must be tiresome constantly correcting clarifying the rubbish you spew with the on-repeat dumb and dumber videos.

Do you reckon you could lift your game and say something serious and sensible? Today was a joke.

Guru

A quote from Uncle Warren's shareholder letter (he was talking about See's candy)...

"When a business manufactures and distributes a non-essential consumer product, the customer is the boss"

Same goes for Sky TV - Management and The Board are right to harp on about the need to look after our customers much better. A lot of progress has been made but, as Sophie said, a lot more is needed.

If we look after our customers Sky will become a much better 'value for money' prospect in the eyes of many. Looking after customers does not necessarily mean price cuts, though future pricing will no doubt be part of the mix. So long as perceived value is increased over time we will have no problem attracting enough customers who are prepared to pay.

Shareholders will ultimately be rewarded in due course, but you cannot focus on ways to reward shareholders until you have looked after the customer in a business like ours.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 28-02-2021 at 06:07 PM.

Guru

I also take heart in the fact that I am in good company with Warren in terms of making mistakes.

He overpaid for Precision CastParts in 2016 and has subsequently needed to write down the value of that investment to the tune of US$11B.

I overpaid for Sky TV, to the tune of $200K-250K.

We both still really like the businesses we own with no intention to sell.

Though it has been shown to me on a number of occasions just how idiotic I am, I do find inspiration in knowing that bonafide genius investors like Warren also make blunders from time to time.

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/368362
    Just some clarification from some post last week.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I also take heart in the fact that I am in good company with Warren in terms of making mistakes.

He overpaid for Precision CastParts in 2016 and has subsequently needed to write down the value of that investment to the tune of US$11B.

Though it has been shown to me on a number of occasions just how idiotic I am, I do find inspiration in knowing that bonafide genius investors like Warren also make blunders from time to time.
    Yup. Never assume you know more than the market. Usually the market is right and you are wrong. It's about treating it as a life lesson rather than give up on investing altogether. I see some people of Sharesies giving up on investing and calling it a mugs game after the easy money phase has subsided in recent months.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

SkyTV is getting better with digital options - but I still hope it goes further to break down content.

Like for instance if someone really loves a particular sport. It would be ideal to just buy that particular sport to stream; instead of having to pay for content you will never watch. At least Sky Sport is stand alone now for streaming @$400p.a but it would be good to go a step further and have options to just a) buy - Super Rugby or the NRL season for x$.

They do have specials every now and then but alas.