sharetrader
Page 129 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 29791191251261271281291301311321331391792296291129 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 14170
    Guru

https://i.stuff.co.nz/business/11239...oadband-market

An interesting thought. Just speculation at this point from FNZC from what I can see.

Guru

I find myself wondering - if Sky and Vodafone had initiated the merger now (i.e post the Spark Sport incursion into streaming live sport) would the Comcom give it's blessing?

Another senior manager departure...The new boss in town seems to have a long sturdy broom...

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/112...sky-television

Membaa

Despite my misgivings in recent years I like this new CEO and what he is saying and doing. A new broom on a beleaguered stock with an entrenched customer base, could be worth a punt.

whether you're TA or FA or both in my opinion you really wanna see something happen before you jump in here.
    too much risk for any prudent investor (and you may be proud not to be prudent and that's okay too)
    cause there may be well potential but there isn't any signal or recognition of that yet ....

Attachment 10524

hope is not a strategy.
    Last edited by peat; 07-05-2019 at 08:49 PM.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Very sound advice peat

The umpires at the Aussie Competition and Consumer Commission have matched their fellow umpires at the Kiwi Commerce Commission by calling a no ball on plans by Vodafone(under arm bowlers division) to merge with broadband provider and mobile reseller the TPG Group like the Kiwis did on the Vodafone SKY merger.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-...ision/11090578

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    The umpires at the Aussie Competition and Consumer Commission have matched their fellow umpires at the Kiwi Commerce Commission by calling a no ball on plans by Vodafone(under arm bowlers division) to merge with broadband provider and mobile reseller the TPG Group like the Kiwis did on the Vodafone SKY merger.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-...ision/11090578

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    On first pass, it looks like their decision was as poor as the NZ 'experts' who blocked the Vodafone-Sky deal.

Seems odd to block TPG from merging with Vodafone based on a speculation that they will independently enter the mobile market as a 4th competitor if they aren't allowed to merge.

No doubt Telstra and Optus lobbied hard, just like Spark did here. Understandably.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    On first pass, it looks like their decision was as poor as the NZ 'experts' who blocked the Vodafone-Sky deal.

Seems odd to block TPG from merging with Vodafone based on a speculation that they will independently enter the mobile market as a 4th competitor if they aren't allowed to merge.

No doubt Telstra and Optus lobbied hard, just like Spark did here. Understandably.
    Looks like 1.20 is the low for last 4 weeks. Is it a deliberate block at 1.20 to support the price, while really, they are selling bits and pieces.
    If it is the bottom, maybe good time buy.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by see weed View Post
    Looks like 1.20 is the low for last 4 weeks. Is it a deliberate block at 1.20 to support the price, while really, they are selling bits and pieces.
    If it is the bottom, maybe good time buy.
    So, what do you mean by "bits and pieces". They cannot sell spectrum rights without screwing their own customers, if they can on-sell at all. Can they on-sell programming rights? I doubt it - I would think that all they can do is let them expire. Do they own property in downtown Auckland? If so, that is definitely a candidate. Transmission towers and sites perhaps but they would need a lease-back. What else could they sell? I am open to being illumined since I do not pretend to be knowledgeable about this sector.