sharetrader
Page 533 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 334334835235295305315325335345355365375435836331033 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,330 of 14170
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by k14 View Post
    I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on my experience with Sky last week. I am a shareholder (smallish holding) but around 15% of my portfolio. If there are other customers experiencing this boneheaded service then I have some concerns going forward.

I subscribed back up to Sky Sport Now back in June and have been happily watching it since. Been working great till last Thursday night, tried to watch some golf highlights and I got an error message saying my account couldn't access that content. So jumped on my PC and logged into my account. It showed my account was inactive and after looking around a bit more I saw that three credit card transactions had failed to go through. The first on 10th September (renewal date) and then two more on the 14th and 16th with my account cancelled on the third failure. Silly me, I forgot I had been sent a new card from my bank in August so updated the details online and thought the account would reactivate. Nope, had to resubscribe at the full rate of $39 a month compared to the deal I had of $25 a month for 12 months. I went through my email and spam, no emails at all from Sky to tell me of the first failed payment on the 10th. Sent the helpdesk an email, they said basically "You let your account expire, deal can't be renewed you can re-sign up for the advertised price". I replied and got a similarly blunt response, I thought the tone of the emails were also pretty telling of a company with low employee engagement.

So, now Sky have lost a customer. Just cannot fathom the stupidity of their system that doesn't notify a user that the payment has failed. I kept using the account for a week after it failed and never was notified. I would have happily paid the monthly fee which included the week I used it. Now I am reconsidering the subscription and probably just go without till another deal comes along.

I find it hard to believe this is a one off event. The amount of users in a similar boat to me on both Sky Sport Now and Neon must be pretty high. Credit cards usually have a life of 3 years I think? So divide the number of users on these platforms by 36 and you can see how many they risk loosing every month when the credit card details lapse. No wonder the ship is sinking if they treat all customers like this!
    That sounds terrible mate. They should absolutely alert you when a payment has failed. They have your email address ffs - not difficult and important to let customers know when there is a problem.

They still have the annual deal for $299.99 for 12 months though? So you can get the $25/month deal still?

That’s the one I got.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    That sounds terrible mate. They should absolutely alert you when a payment has failed. They have your email address ffs - not difficult and important to let customers know when there is a problem.

They still have the annual deal for $299.99 for 12 months though? So you can get the $25/month deal still?

That’s the one I got.
    Yes, you are right in regards to the $299 deal. Although reading it I think it's an up front $299 payment vs $25 a month for 12 months (which is what I was on) with the option to cancel at any time which was what I was on. Not a bad deal but locked in for 12 months makes me a little tentative specially seeing as sport could go back to 0 at any time.

Advanced Member

I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on my experience with Sky last week. I am a shareholder (smallish holding) but around 15% of my portfolio. If there are other customers experiencing this boneheaded service then I have some concerns going forward.

I subscribed back up to Sky Sport Now back in June and have been happily watching it since. Been working great till last Thursday night, tried to watch some golf highlights and I got an error message saying my account couldn't access that content. So jumped on my PC and logged into my account. It showed my account was inactive and after looking around a bit more I saw that three credit card transactions had failed to go through. The first on 10th September (renewal date) and then two more on the 14th and 16th with my account cancelled on the third failure. Silly me, I forgot I had been sent a new card from my bank in August so updated the details online and thought the account would reactivate. Nope, had to resubscribe at the full rate of $39 a month compared to the deal I had of $25 a month for 12 months. I went through my email and spam, no emails at all from Sky to tell me of the first failed payment on the 10th. Sent the helpdesk an email, they said basically "You let your account expire, deal can't be renewed you can re-sign up for the advertised price". I replied and got a similarly blunt response, I thought the tone of the emails were also pretty telling of a company with low employee engagement.

So, now Sky have lost a customer. Just cannot fathom the stupidity of their system that doesn't notify a user that the payment has failed. I kept using the account for a week after it failed and never was notified. I would have happily paid the monthly fee which included the week I used it. Now I am reconsidering the subscription and probably just go without till another deal comes along.

I find it hard to believe this is a one off event. The amount of users in a similar boat to me on both Sky Sport Now and Neon must be pretty high. Credit cards usually have a life of 3 years I think? So divide the number of users on these platforms by 36 and you can see how many they risk loosing every month when the credit card details lapse. No wonder the ship is sinking if they treat all customers like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Actually spark did the same thing to my dad.
    I set his account up through my email and never got a warning the payment had failed because if his credit card expiring. So it's not just sky.
    He's all up and running again now. He has sky and spark sport

Guru

That’s the one I got.
    A slightly different credit card billing issue - My mother got a replacement credit card so I updated the details for sky’s automatic monthly payment.

However she thought it could not have gone through as she received a bill for the monthly account. No mention on the invoice that the balance would be automatically charged to her account so she paid the bill through online banking. So I checked with Sky - automatic credit card payment had been set up for the new card - it is just that they do not state on each monthly bill that that the balance will be charged to the credit card.

It seems that they way they handle customer communications relating to credit card payments is somewhat patchy.

Advanced Member

You got Sky Sports Now for $25/month? I'm getting ripped off here.

Vodafone currently give you a VTV for free if you take an unlimited broadband plan.

At least, they used to.
    Just a small update on the Vodafone box. I believe the box needs to be returned, if the service is disconnected.

https://www.vodafone.co.nz/tv/vodafo...dband-package/
    "We remain the owner of the VodafoneTV box. If the VodafoneTV box is not returned within 4 weeks following disconnection of the VodafoneTV Service or is damaged beyond reuse, a $120 charge will be applied to your account. "

Ogg "This the reason why Sky is coming out with a new box next year, so you get the set top box free if you sign up to Sky broadband. This would be a serious threat to Vodafone TV, where you have to pay $150 for the box."

SKY may not be able to give the box out for free. Considering the Cost of the box and Margins on Subs
    Last edited by ba9; 21-09-2020 at 01:18 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by ba9 View Post
    Ogg "This the reason why Sky is coming out with a new box next year, so you get the set top box free if you sign up to Sky broadband. This would be a serious threat to Vodafone TV, where you have to pay $150 for the box."

SKY may not be able to give the box out for free. Considering the Cost of the box and Margins on Subs
    Customers definitely won't be paying for it. Might be on a lease. Sky probably don't even own the box. They're probably leasing them from Nvidia, who in turn are leasing them from a Chinese manufacture, who in turn are getting money from the Chinese government.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by silu View Post
    You got Sky Sports Now for $25/month? I'm getting ripped off here.
    I was talking to a guy along the road about Sky Sports Now. He rang them about changing his current satellite service to SkySportNow.
    They gave him an unbelievable deal to stay on Satellite. Can't recall the details.
    But my point is...same old.....loyal uncomplaining customers get shafted.
    He is happy as now.