sharetrader
Page 927 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 4278278779179239249259269279289299309319379771027 ... LastLast
Results 9,261 to 9,270 of 14173
    Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

As the SP not so slowly sinks the Snow Leopard patiently waits to pounce.

Will he time it correctly?
    om mani peme hum

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    How do you account for guidance of -$2.1 million to +$5.4 million net income in 2H, while at the same time adding $80 million in cash, purely from operations. Not saying that isn’t impossible, but it requires an explanation about how that can be realistically achieved.

EDIT: wait I think your error is that you are using full year EBITDA for the 6 month period. Or are we talking past each other - are you talking about June 30 2021 or June 30 2022?
    Ok, I went back over the presso to look for cashflow movement discrepencies.

http://nzx-prod-s7fsd7f98s.s3-websit...002/340884.pdf

Slide 26 shows that cash balance only increased by ~13M despite strong operating performance because of a $39M WC adjustment. The explanation given was "This is after adjusting for working capital, which increased by$39m in the period as we had inflated cash and payables balances at June 2020 (due to ongoing sport equitable reduction negotiations at that time) returned to normal levels during the period"

So it will be interesting to see how this WC adjustment washes up in the FY results since the equitable reduction negotiations were finished early this year.

FCF has historically resembled Owner Earnings for Sky. This relationship is changing now that they have written off a lot of goodwill and are downsizing the business to be more lean...and there are also timing issues around when cash is actually received.

So let's see. One way or the other, I expect Sky's cash balance to have increased considerably based on the numbers they have provided.
    Last edited by mistaTea; 05-08-2021 at 10:50 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Ogg speculates they'll have about $50m cash
    Minumum... if the washup to the $39M WC hit does not change significantly after the final content cost reduction is taken into account.

plus $20m give or take for the buildings.
    Maybe in the next interim results, if indeed the buildings sale goes ahead.

Advanced Member

Am I the only one buying this piece of sh*t stock?

I found my old bosses statement in the printer. He has shares in the millions. Made my eyes water.

I'm a bit puzzled with H1 financials

How did $116m ebitda only end up as $12m cashfow when capex was only $20m
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I'm a bit puzzled with H1 financials

How did $116m ebitda only end up as $12m cashfow when capex was only $20m
    Due to an extra $39M they had to pony up for content costs in June 2020 while the remainder of equitable reductions was negotiated.

A timing issue I think.

Banned

Have they said how much they are committing to the new set top box? Surely it can't be more than 15 million. I hope they make it extremely easy to use, with an intuitive interface and simple set up process. I think many of the current customers, stay because its easy, because sky just works, because Netflix etc are new and inconvenient to learn (and because they can afford to). If we can expand that group of customers, this ship might just stop sinking. They need to cater to the aging population, that's where the money is and they are the group most likely to appreciate sky's offering.

I bought into this hoping for dividends or buybacks, now I'm regretful I didn't sell at the lofty heights of 18 cents. I'll definitely reduce my holding if they don't give us something at the FY, or an extremely good reason for not doing so.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
    Have they said how much they are committing to the new set top box? Surely it can't be more than 15 million. I hope they make it extremely easy to use, with an intuitive interface and simple set up process. I think many of the current customers, stay because its easy, because sky just works, because Netflix etc are new and inconvenient to learn (and because they can afford to). If we can expand that group of customers, this ship might just stop sinking. They need to cater to the aging population, that's where the money is and they are the group most likely to appreciate sky's offering.

I bought into this hoping for dividends or buybacks, now I'm regretful I didn't sell at the lofty heights of 18 cents. I'll definitely reduce my holding if they don't give us something at the FY, or an extremely good reason for not doing so.
    I have been invited by Sky to test the new set top box next week and give feedback.

Legend

Am I the only one buying this piece of sh*t stock?

You must just about have enough to mount a takeover all on your ownsome - Ogg

I think someone further up is complaining at the odd fractions with your large big spend up ..
    Last edited by nztx; 05-08-2021 at 09:07 PM.

Guru

Good news for Foxtel - primarily driven by streaming success.

https://www.channelnews.com.au/foxte...ults-in-years/