sharetrader
Page 1043 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 435439439931033103910401041104210431044104510461047105310931143 ... LastLast
Results 10,421 to 10,430 of 14170
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Comcast has over 70 million customers and ~$110 Billion USD revenue. An acquisition of Sky NZ would be a sub 1% addition to its metrics and very low on its radar I would say (unless it was dirt cheap, which it no longer is - and even then the regulatory hassles are probably judged a waste of its time and resources). If it could bundle up Foxtel & Sky NZ it might look like a deal of meaningful size worthy of consideration perhaps (and of course foxtel alone would also be a better target for Comcast).
    Amen brother. You say true and I say thank ya.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Just lol.

It's the exact opposite.

They say they're interested in takeovers in overseas markets.

They say they're more interested in bolt on acquisitions.

They say that Sky UK was a great buy.

Just lol bro.
    Are you expecting the people that were responsible for purchasing SkY UK for a vastly overinflated price who then watched its profits tank to come out and say “nah we screwed the pooch on that one - it was a stupid decision”. Or do you expect them to try and spin it as “it’s not about the profits” (despite using that as the original purchase rationale) “the brand name alone is worth heaps” like they appear to be doing now.

Don’t get me wrong - I would love it if they weren’t put off at all from that purchase and swooped in to buy Sky at 50c a share. I’m not investing on that basis though.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; 24-09-2021 at 10:47 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post

Don’t get me wrong - I would love it if they weren’t put off at all from that purchase and swooped in to buy Sky at 50c a share. I’m not investing on that basis though.
    God I hope you mean $5/share!

What, the werido with 10 Netflix subscriptions and the nutter with more shares then everyone here combined.

Just lol.
    Sticks and stones bud �� as previously noted, I’m relatively comfortable with my holding!

Just for the record, I’m not sure i/me/you/we can lose…. comcast takeover = happy…. nzme merger = happy…… absolutey nothing and BAU = happy…….. building sale = happy……

Must be a bat ship crazy nutter that takes a large position when you can’t lose.

Happy being that nutter. GLTAH!

Legend

What, the werido with 10 Netflix subscriptions and the nutter with more shares then everyone here combined.

Just lol.
    hang on a moment -- a few pages back it came out that you had more shares than all the rest us put together ..

Are you sure that the pre-Consol & Post-Consol numbers didn't get mixed up somewhere ?
    Last edited by nztx; 24-09-2021 at 09:21 PM.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    God I hope you mean $5/share!
    ha ha yes - old habit.

Advanced Member

Interested to know why you're invested in Sky?

Do you actually believe this company is sustainable by itself?
    Entered a position as I thought it was deeply undervalued from both a remaining independent operation perspective and as an attractive takeover target. Now it’s nowhere near as undervalued, but still opportunity for good returns if dividend resumes or a private equity takeover emerged. I was rather disheartened following the last earnings result, but since then the market has woken up a bit.

I still think though they should split the company in two and separate the cash cow satellite business from the content rights and streaming products.

Right now
    AB’s vs Boks

THIS IS WHY WE HAVE SKY!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    Right now
    AB’s vs Boks

THIS IS WHY WE HAVE SKY!
    Got no SKY but watching it somehow via zorro stream

PANTHERS leadIng STORM
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”