sharetrader
Page 1086 of 1086 FirstFirst ... 865869861036107610821083108410851086
Results 10,851 to 10,860 of 10860
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    So even though there are direct quotes from Comcast in recent media appearances that they have very little interest in outright takeovers, and prefer JVs...

you still just reject it out of hand?

Interesting.
    Just lol.

It's the exact opposite.

They say they're interested in takeovers in overseas markets.

They say they're more interested in bolt on acquisitions.

They say that Sky UK was a great buy.

Just lol bro.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Just lol.

Just lol bro.
    Will leave it to LaserEyeKiwi and jimdog31 to pick this one apart

Comcast has over 70 million customers and ~$110 Billion USD revenue. An acquisition of Sky NZ would be a sub 1% addition to its metrics and very low on its radar I would say (unless it was dirt cheap, which it no longer is - and even then the regulatory hassles are probably judged a waste of its time and resources). If it could bundle up Foxtel & Sky NZ it might look like a deal of meaningful size worthy of consideration perhaps (and of course foxtel alone would also be a better target for Comcast).

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Will leave it to LaserEyeKiwi and jimdog31 to pick this one apart
    What, the werido with 10 Netflix subscriptions and the nutter with more shares then everyone here combined.

Just lol.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaserEyeKiwi View Post
    Comcast has over 70 million customers and ~$110 Billion USD revenue. An acquisition of Sky NZ would be a sub 1% addition to its metrics and very low on its radar I would say (unless it was dirt cheap, which it no longer is - and even then the regulatory hassles are probably judged a waste of its time and resources). If it could bundle up Foxtel & Sky NZ it might look like a deal of meaningful size worthy of consideration perhaps (and of course foxtel alone would also be a better target for Comcast).
    Amen brother. You say true and I say thank ya.

Just lol.

It's the exact opposite.

They say they're interested in takeovers in overseas markets.

They say they're more interested in bolt on acquisitions.

They say that Sky UK was a great buy.

Just lol bro.
    Are you expecting the people that were responsible for purchasing SkY UK for a vastly overinflated price who then watched its profits tank to come out and say “nah we screwed the pooch on that one - it was a stupid decision”. Or do you expect them to try and spin it as “it’s not about the profits” (despite using that as the original purchase rationale) “the brand name alone is worth heaps” like they appear to be doing now.

Don’t get me wrong - I would love it if they weren’t put off at all from that purchase and swooped in to buy Sky at 50c a share. I’m not investing on that basis though.
    Last edited by LaserEyeKiwi; Yesterday at 11:47 AM.

Advanced Member

Don’t get me wrong - I would love it if they weren’t put off at all from that purchase and swooped in to buy Sky at 50c a share. I’m not investing on that basis though.
    God I hope you mean $5/share!

Guru

Are you expecting the people that were responsible for purchasing SkY UK for a vastly overinflated price who then watched its profits tank to come out and say “nah we screwed the pooch on that one - it was a stupid decision”. Or do you expect them to try and spin it as “it’s not about the profits” (despite using that as the original purchase rationale) “the brand name alone is worth heaps” like they appear to be doing now.

Interested to know why you're invested in Sky?

Do you actually believe this company is sustainable by itself?

What, the werido with 10 Netflix subscriptions and the nutter with more shares then everyone here combined.

Just lol.
    Sticks and stones bud �� as previously noted, I’m relatively comfortable with my holding!

Just for the record, I’m not sure i/me/you/we can lose…. comcast takeover = happy…. nzme merger = happy…… absolutey nothing and BAU = happy…….. building sale = happy……

Must be a bat ship crazy nutter that takes a large position when you can’t lose.

Happy being that nutter. GLTAH!

Advanced Member

Just lol.
    hang on a moment -- a few pages back it came out that you had more shares than all the rest us put together ..

Are you sure that the pre-Consol & Post-Consol numbers didn't get mixed up somewhere ?
    Last edited by nztx; Yesterday at 10:21 PM.
    ... the fine art of sniffing out debits & credits hidden under the carpet can pay dividends ...