sharetrader
Page 581 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 814815315715775785795805815825835845855916316811081 ... LastLast
Results 5,801 to 5,810 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    For the love of all that's holy, isn't it, like, illegal or something to make up information with the intent of driving interest in a share?

Cause I'm pretty sure it is. You've got zero evidence that Infratil (or anyone) is acquiring shares with the intent of acquiring enough to trigger a buyout. And if that were happening, and the target company (Sky) got wind of it, that's price sensitive information that it would be illegal for them not to disclose to the market.

This is a share trader forum. There needs to be more facts and less unsubstantiated bold 16 point font rumours with Youtube videos.
    im fairly sure that everyone who reads this forum can do their own research and form their own opinions - speculation is definitely not illegal - otherwise journos would break the law on the daily.

This thread is by far the most fun on sharetrader and its due to the wild speculation and banter.

Think of any post on here as an opinion piece - its not necessarily based on facts. There may be a fact or some feelings thrown in for good measure!

Just read it for what it is man, dont get too hung up on it !
    Last edited by jimdog31; 21-10-2020 at 10:02 PM.

IMO

For the love of all that's holy, isn't it, like, illegal or something to make up information with the intent of driving interest in a share?

Cause I'm pretty sure it is. You've got zero evidence that Infratil (or anyone) is acquiring shares with the intent of acquiring enough to trigger a buyout. And if that were happening, and the target company (Sky) got wind of it, that's price sensitive information that it would be illegal for them not to disclose to the market.

This is a share trader forum. There needs to be more facts and less unsubstantiated bold 16 point font rumours with Youtube videos.
    Good on you, keep it up whenever you think anyone maybe trying to suck anyone else in, theres always naive newbies that lose their money to the pumpers and dumpers, the up and down rampers , the boiler room gangs buying your sells and selling you buys. There are some completely unscrupulous traders out there but its all legal and buyer , seller, beware. This thread is the Hot Copper section of sharetrader cunningly mixed with humour.

Advanced Member

Stock falls from $6.00 to 15 cents and you get called out because you think it's going to 30c

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    Stock falls from $6.00 to 15 cents and you get called out because you think it's going to 30c

Apparently finding Holding companies on the companies register is not considered material facts when bolstering wild speculation. And researching how other takeovers that IFT has done is not worthy of posting here apparently.

Your a bad, bad, man. Shame on you

ps please dont stop, i actually find the youtube vids 100% on point. The band of brothers one had me choking on my cornflakes.
    Last edited by jimdog31; 21-10-2020 at 10:48 PM.

This thread is what gets me out of bed every morning, enjoy my morning coffee over. Please dear god don't let it stop.

This banter holds all the tenets of a conspiracy theory.

This is actually a really good point. If someone sent this thread to IR at Sky investorrelations@sky.co.nz , they would need to make an announcement if there was anything actually in the works.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Akane View Post
    This thread is what gets me out of bed every morning, enjoy my morning coffee over. Please dear god don't let it stop.
    Enjoy it while its free, Discovery or Disney, or someone is going to buy it out, and start charging a monthly subscription.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    This is actually a really good point. If someone sent this thread to IR at Sky investorrelations@sky.co.nz , they would need to make an announcement if there was anything actually in the works.
    The chair addressed this at the AGM. If/when the/a offer is presented they will bring it to shareholders.

Rumors have been circulating of a buy out since late 2018. See the many published media articles.

Since Covid, numerous media companies globally have consolidated. The chair confirmed this.

Is it too far fetched for people here that the owner of Vodafone, who by the very nature is an investment company, who in the past tried to consolidate with Sky, and is currently a close partner of Sky, may by interested in making an offer for the company?

I've suggested a takeover between 25 - 28c. That's less than 1X revenue. ASB Morningstar has a valuation of 30c but some how I've been accused of ramping the stock. This forum just keeps bring the lols...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    The chair addressed this at the AGM. If/when the/a offer is presented they will bring it to shareholders.

Rumors have been circulating of a buy out since late 2018. See the many published media articles.

Since Covid, numerous media companies globally have consolidated. The chair confirmed this.

Is it too far fetched for people here that the owner of Vodafone, who by the very nature is an investment company, who in the past tried to consolidate with Sky, and is currently a close partner of Sky, may by interested in making an offer for the company?

I've suggested a takeover between 25 - 28c. That's less than 1X revenue. ASB Morningstar has a valuation of 30c but some how I've been accused of ramping the stock. This forum just keeps bring the lols...
    I don't think anybody is suggesting that speculation should be banned from this forum - it is entirely possible that any number of organisations could buy Sky. It is also entirely possible that nobody is interested.
    The whole point of this forum is for people to be able to share opinions about the business and discuss.

No issue there.

What you have been doing every day, for months goes far beyond just musing that the low MC of Sky makes it a takeover target, and that a company like IFT may indeed be keen to buy Sky for x, y and z reasons.

If you look at your messages objectively, you would have to say that you can see how a number of sharetraders would consider it crossing a line whereby you are now trying to hype things up and pump the stock (to no avail btw) with your story about how a takeover by IFT is definitely happening tomorrow, oh I meant next week...oops DEFINITELY THE WEEK AFTER OR AT THE AGM ABSOLUTE LATEST!

I appreciate some people like to read your posts so they can have a giggle each day, but the constant barrage of unfounded takeover claims in the way you present them is 1) possibly against the rules and 2) makes it difficult to have meaningful discussions about the business as a going concern.

At the end of the day, what do I know. If you are comfortable doing it - and your fans love reading it, as you were.