sharetrader
Page 371 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 2713213613673683693703713723733743753814214718711371 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,710 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    I think if Sky would just fix their stupid, unresponsive, 4 second lag remote control that GETS PEOPLE STEAMING MAD, their share price would more than double.
    I'm with you there, keep going to the wrong channel as you think it did not work!

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....06-p55j3r.html

Viacom CBS pulled its content from Stan in Australia to launch their own streaming service. I don’t know if they’ll do the same with Foxtel here. I wonder if the launch of the new streaming service impact Sky NZ? I know Time Warner did a deal with Foxtel to launch their content on Binge. Any thoughts?

Interesting Article in the Herald (Paywall) . It will be interesting update in 2 weeks.

I think the issue is that Sky will increasingly struggle for content. NRL and aotearoa super rugby is holding them together. I love AFL but I have an annual sub direct with AFL for every game, live and on demand replay plus the drafts and all of the weekly shows, Sky shows a few games here and there.They are also the last place you’d stream a movie from and don’t have any cool tv series (not first run anyway)
    I know everyone says they will get taken over but what are you really buying?? Easier to buy rights for major events and people come to you...
    Quote Originally Posted by tqtq View Post
    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....06-p55j3r.html

Viacom CBS pulled its content from Stan in Australia to launch their own streaming service. I don’t know if they’ll do the same with Foxtel here. I wonder if the launch of the new streaming service impact Sky NZ? I know Time Warner did a deal with Foxtel to launch their content on Binge. Any thoughts?

Umm watchmen gangs of London. Hands maid tale just to name a few.... This is neon I'm talking about but amazing. There's only a handful of shows I like to watch on Netflix now so 90 percent of my viewing is on neon now

This underlined the point neon is not a content creator like Netflix amazon and Disney... as other production houses go vertically integrated Sky will be left showing reruns of Shortland St
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Umm watchmen gangs of London. Hands maid tale just to name a few.... This is neon I'm talking about but amazing. There's only a handful of shows I like to watch on Netflix now so 90 percent of my viewing is on neon now

Oliver Mander: Sky TV faces its do or die moment
    https://nzherald.co.nz/business/news...ectid=12354585

I actually don't know if Netflix will survive with there concept. They rely on continuous growth which at some point will stop and retract. I think the retraction will come post covid (their saving grace).

Sorry to non premium subscribers

Quote Originally Posted by MarineSalvage View Post
    I think the issue is that Sky will increasingly struggle for content. NRL and aotearoa super rugby is holding them together. I love AFL but I have an annual sub direct with AFL for every game, live and on demand replay plus the drafts and all of the weekly shows, Sky shows a few games here and there.They are also the last place you’d stream a movie from and don’t have any cool tv series (not first run anyway)
    I know everyone says they will get taken over but what are you really buying?? Easier to buy rights for major events and people come to you...
    It’s challenging times for content aggregators that’s for sure. The challenge for Sky is whether they can hang onto big content libraries such as Time Warner, Discovery and Viacom CBS, especially given their stranglehold on sports is slipping. I just hope they can get their broadband side going because they do have an awesome database and good revenue to build up that side of the business. But then again ip advertising might given them an opportunity to provide a cheap ad tier Neon product and that might make all the difference.