sharetrader
Page 254 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 1542042442502512522532542552562572582643043547541254 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 14170
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    'extra new shares' being issued as part of the Placement.
    Sky had plenty of liquidity to pay the $9m in costs associated with the placement. Furthermore, 83% of existing institutional holders participated in the placement. If say, 50% of retail holders also participated, total funds raised could have been ~$100m. A nice little top up of equity without "new investors".

There was no reason to issue those $9m shares, EXCEPT to entice rouge manipulators into "playing the game". Maybe it's a good thing that there are onboard, as over the coming months they will pump the stock and encourage other clients into taking a position in Sky. There will be more coverage and volume on the stock. Maybe finally it will 'turn the corner'.

The placement was tipped to happen for well over 12 months - it wasn't news. It was the timing that was terrible after Covid-19, and so the placement price was heavily discounted. My guess is that "new investors" will pick up $25m total in the placement. Then we'll see of few SSH after the short positioned are closed out and longs are built up between 15-20c. The "good news" will start to flow and the stock will tighten. Should then rise to 30c and the new investors will be sitting on $50m profits. The cherry on top will be a take over. Not bad, not bad at all.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    The "good news" will start to flow and the stock will tighten. Should then rise to 30c and the new investors will be sitting on $50m profits. The cherry on top will be a take over. Not bad, not bad at all.
    Maybe there is hope for me yet!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    The real question is why would you want to watch CNN?
    I agree. Fox much better......fair and balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post

I am still happy to own my share of the business, and do not mind providing additional funds. But even if I did mind, what choice would I have had?

If I did not participate, and remained on an average cost of $1.06 per share I would never have any hope of breaking even. In that scenario Sky would have to do exceedingly well and perfectly execute their business plans and then some to build to a market cap of ~1.8B just for me to break even.

So there really was no other choice anyway. Given there will be a number of people who do not participate, all I can hope is that I am able to get the full 120% I have applied for so that I can truly hold my current position.

Even if you just take 100% of your entitlement, you will still actually be diluted a little given the 'extra new shares' being issued as part of the Placement.
    I agree, not many options for me, I brought in March 2003 @ $5.76, my average is $2.61 per share...………… I applied for the 120% on offer.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    I brought in March 2003

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    I agree, not many options for me, I brought in March 2003 @ $5.76, my average is $2.61 per share...………… I applied for the 120% on offer.
    You would have received some hefty dividends over the 15 years between 2003 - 2018.

Probably at least $2.61 per share worth.

Guru

My Spark Sport app just got an upgrade.

They have added a ‘linear channel page’.

Just goes to show that even in a SVOD world, there still is a place for linear viewing. Having someone else curate the content for you can be great for when you just want to relax and ‘surf the channels’.

Just got a email from sky. The new neon app launching soon with a merge of lightbox. Also be able to rent latest release movies.

Guru

New NEON set to launch on 07 July.

Existing NEON app is getting a significant platform upgrade and Lightbox will be retired.

New NEON will be available on more platforms (including Apple TV) and it will be possible to rent box office movies.

It will allow users to set up individual profiles and therefore customise content.

Spark customers will be able to subscribe to the service for $9.99 per month. Not sure if it will stay at $13.95 per month for everyone else.

I received an email from Lightbox today, and there is a FAQ section on their website.

Yip. Be interesting to see how many lightbox customers take up the cheaper price although now not free