sharetrader
Page 540 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 404404905305365375385395405415425435445505906401040 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 14171

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I am perfectly willing to accept that the current difficulties Sky TV face are all my fault

Mista Tea, these are opportunities not difficulties. The Chinese character for crisis consists of two characters, one means Danger, the other means Opportunities.

Guru

Warren Buffett bets on old media with backing of $4.1b broadcast deal as EW Scripps buys ION Media
    https://nzherald.co.nz/business/news...ectid=12368056

My hero Buffet investing in traditional ‘old media’ broadcaster...

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Warren Buffett bets on old media with backing of $4.1b broadcast deal as EW Scripps buys ION Media
    https://nzherald.co.nz/business/news...ectid=12368056

My hero Buffet investing in traditional ‘old media’ broadcaster...
    Old media is where the smart money is, particularly at these prices.
    I hope all of the people that speak negatively about this sector sit up and take note.

Patience is the key with this one. It's hard seeing other stocks climbing but I'm 99.9% certain this will be a great stock to hold. I'm doing well in the stock pick competition and this will be my number one pick in the next one. Trying to short list the next pick of the bunch already.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    Patience is the key with this one. It's hard seeing other stocks climbing but I'm 99.9% certain this will be a great stock to hold. I'm doing well in the stock pick competition and this will be my number one pick in the next one. Trying to short list the next pick of the bunch already.
    My thoughts too - have a number of others on the picks list too

Seems its back to the day to day churn now.We should see a gradual rise from here

Quote Originally Posted by nevchev View Post
    Seems its back to the day to day churn now.We should see a gradual rise from here
    It'd be a holding pattern until Sky start talking about broadband progress, ppv figures, Olympics advertising deals, or the next business update.

If you're bored and looking for news here's a bot authored article on Sky that's probably woefully inaccurate (I don't know as I didn't bother reading it): https://simplywall.st/stocks/nz/medi...s-use-of-debt/

Article from 11 months ago.. almost sounds like they wish tvnz and spark sport the best. No intention of keeping full broadcast rights.

Are they continuing to roll over and let their competitors take more until they have nothing left?

I still dont have a clear picture of what sky aim to achieve and how they will achieve it. At best we can see a take over I guess.

The broadband thing who knows..

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/spor...al-spark-sport

Advanced Member

South Africa pulling its teams out of the SANZAR competition is not going to strengthen SKY’s rugby offering. Or NZ rugby for that matter.