sharetrader
Page 641 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 1415415916316376386396406416426436446456516917411141 ... LastLast
Results 6,401 to 6,410 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by mylovelyday View Post
    ASX $0.16 line was suddently wiped out but nzx price doesn't have obvious change. someone knows something that we don't?
    That's just me picking up some more @ .16 – following Martin's lead.

getting back to 0.155 again, interesting...

Now .165 aud

It would be nice to get sky back to a position where it sells in. .5 lots rather than. .1. Then 1 cent lots again.

When does this happen? I’ve been trying to find this out?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dlownz View Post
    There's no need for sky to try to do any form of takeover at this stage.
    1. They can't afford it
    2 the share price is still shot to crap do no good will come of a capital raise
    3. The customer base they want to attack is there existing base. So looking after existing customers.
    4. Then start poaching customers from spark, Vodafone, vocus etc. Without having to needlessly fork out 500mil for a company.
    It may be a slow process and I'm not sure what there aim is for number of broadband customers but I think a slower approach is better than a take over approach
    Agree with most of this.

If the media reports are true then Vocus are not interested in selling the NZ assets for less than $400M (in fact, it seems they may be expecting closer to $500M which is obscene).

Buying Vocus NZ only makes sense if the price is right, and I think Sky will be very cautious.

Let's say Vocus would skip the IPO and sell to Sky for the lower range reported ($400M). Well, for that kind of money would Sky not be better off taking a pass on Vocus and just carrying on with their own broadband plans? Could they get to 225K customers (bearing in mind they have ~1M existing customers to market to) for a damn sight less than $400M?

Barriers to entry are very low now.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Agree with most of this.

If the media reports are true then Vocus are not interested in selling the NZ assets for less than $400M (in fact, it seems they may be expecting closer to $500M which is obscene).

Buying Vocus NZ only makes sense if the price is right, and I think Sky will be very cautious.

Let's say Vocus would skip the IPO and sell to Sky for the lower range reported ($400M). Well, for that kind of money would Sky not be better off taking a pass on Vocus and just carrying on with their own broadband plans? Could they get to 225K customers (bearing in mind they have ~1M existing customers to market to) for a damn sight less than $400M?

Sky could get there on there own without having to fork out money. I won't be a customer of vocus once sky launches broadband. Neither will a few people I set up on power and broadband as they have sky. If the prices is right they will all be changing. That's 3 customers right there.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Agree with most of this.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think Sky is better off not taking them over, unless they can get it cheap, which is already been ruled out.

It's possible after 2 years, Vocus could do an "Intueri" type collapse and then Sky could come in and buy them up cheap for sub $100m.

Sky should quite easily get 100k broadband subs within 2 years as they convert the easy pickings. After that it will be an up hill battle as the market is so competitive.

... have power to make you great

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    When does this happen? I’ve been trying to find this out?
    Nzx
    .1 up to 20 cents then .5 cents up to 50 cents (2.5 percent steps)
    Getting closer ... It may mean the SP will increase/fall quicker where a bidder /seller wants to be top of queue or needing the money

Asx
    0.1 to 10 cents then 0.5 up to 2 bucks

Guru

https://www.sky.co.nz/results?q=broadband

Access denied to the Help, T&C's and Registration pages...but they are all there ready for release.

I reckon Sky Broadband will be launched within a fortnight. Three weeks from now at the absolute latest.