sharetrader
Page 390 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 2903403803863873883893903913923933944004404908901390 ... LastLast
Results 3,891 to 3,900 of 14173
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Isn’t the retained earnings in the $118m?

So the knoll $18,000,001

But bank willing to lend heaps if they need it
    Ah yes, that would be correct

Advanced Member

2 mindsets at work, those who want to slash & burn SKT to make a quick buck, and those who have a medium term view, to reap the ongoing harvest that a t/o buyer would be viewing.
    Looks like the former are winning the points scoring on here.

NZ$ starting to weaken on covid news could be another factor if it drops say 10%

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    2 mindsets at work, those who want to slash & burn SKT to make a quick buck, and those who have a medium term view, to reap the ongoing harvest that a t/o buyer would be viewing.
    Looks like the former are winning the points scoring on here.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ogg View Post
    It would also be a big help for Infratil/Brooksfield if Discovery bought Mediaworks. Because then Infratil/Brooksfield could argue to the ComCom there's more competition now, which would mean getting the greenlight for buying Sky.

It's really about slicing up the cake and making everyone happy.

Will we get a piece tho?
    I better not shut my cakehole then...

Too much resistance at $0.14. Ogg go lube it up so we can breakthrough.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quantitative Easing View Post
    Too much resistance at $0.14. Ogg go lube it up so we can breakthrough.
    There was a 1m seller this afternoon. Scared everyone off. Just need to wait until the 10th.

Guru

It occurs to me...

Are we sure the results have been delayed? It’s not like Sky announced a date, retracted it and then announced a new date.

The 21 August date was from a recent newspaper article. But the journalist may have just taken a stab at a date based on when the results were released last year?

Or has someone actually seen something from Sky with the 21 August date?

If they are just releasing the results later than last year then that would not be ‘evidence’ of a takeover.

Thoughts?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    It occurs to me...

Are we sure the results have been delayed? It’s not like Sky announced a date, retracted it and then announced a new date.

The 21 August date was from a recent newspaper article. But the journalist may have just taken a stab at a date based on when the results were released last year?

Or has someone actually seen something from Sky with the 21 August date?

If they are just releasing the results later than last year then that would not be ‘evidence’ of a takeover.

Thoughts?
    Good point - the 2019 year's results announcement was released 22 August -

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/339570

the references from announcements I have seen are 10 Sep for 2020 & Annual Report

'Sky will release its results for the year ended 30 June 2020 on Thursday 10 September 2020.

In doing so, Sky is relying on the class waiver from NZX Listing Rule 3.5.1 granted by NZX on 3 April 2020 and the class waiver from certain rules in Chapter 4 of the ASX Listing Rules granted by ASX on 7 May 2020. Sky also expects to release its 2020 annual report on Thursday 10 September 2020 and therefore shall not be relying upon the NZX and ASX class waivers in relation to the same.'

22 Aug 2020 is a Saturday, so reference to 21st this year may just be a Journo pulling dates from out of fresh air & nothing more..

Advanced Member

I was told by Forsyth Barr that the 21st was the date. Maybe they got it from the news article.

Pushing it to the 10th and using waivers is unusual.

They've given guidance as well, so it's not like they need more time to do the numbers.

When the Opus takeover came, it came on the same day as results.

But hey, me and my conspiracy theories...

Maybe they fired too many people and now there's just one guy doing all the paper work...