sharetrader
Page 805 of 1417 FirstFirst ... 3057057557958018028038048058068078088098158559051305 ... LastLast
Results 8,041 to 8,050 of 14170

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    Yea the wifi6 routers are supposed to get much better coverage than the typical wifi5 routers.

Great to see your speeds are significantly higher than before but a shame it is still well short of the 900Mbs download potential.
    Uploads should be getting up to 400Mbs.
    Got asked by sky to do a speed test this evening as part of the broadband trial. Hadn’t done one for a while and got a bit of a shock. Download speeds of 600Mbs and upload around 400Mbs in the room where the router sits - a lot faster than when we first cut over to sky broadband.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Eden View Post
    Got asked by sky to do a speed test this evening as part of the broadband trial. Hadn’t done one for a while and got a bit of a shock. Download speeds of 600Mbs and upload around 400Mbs in the room where the router sits - a lot faster than when we first cut over to sky broadband.
    I got the call today to sign up. After signing up with the Sky rep it seems that it goes to the Vocus provisioning team, so I should get a call in a couple of days to set a date for the switch over.

I am going to stick with my existing router set up - still wifi5, but the NIGHTHAWK is a very good router. Will be interesting to see what kind of speeds I can get.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Clearly a troglodyte as you say, pouncing on virtually every reply to this thread, though asking patsy questions will tend to elicit only a muted reply. The SP Trend is up. There you go.

That's what you want after all the endless chatter about the company and unlikely take-overs, you just want a nice high SP so that you can book a profit one day, maybe an obscene profit. Whether fundamental or technical analysis, maybe that's all we all want.

I got the call today to sign up. After signing up with the Sky rep it seems that it goes to the Vocus provisioning team, so I should get a call in a couple of days to set a date for the switch over.

I am going to stick with my existing router set up - still wifi5, but the NIGHTHAWK is a very good router. Will be interesting to see what kind of speeds I can get.

Yes it's my understanding Vocus are also handling support branded as Sky so they're quite intertwined.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by allfromacell View Post
    Yes it's my understanding Vocus are also handling support branded as Skyso they're quite intertwined.
    Couldn't agree with you more...
    Last edited by mistaTea; 03-05-2021 at 08:15 PM.

Don’t come here often now as it seems nonsense out of some fairy story or something like that ...but can one of you summarise in one sentence what you all have been raving on about over the last week....and is it meaningful
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Don’t come here often now as it seems nonsense out of some fairy story or something like that ...but can one of you summarise in one sentence what you all have been raving on about over the last week....and is it meaningful
    Much ado about nothing.

Guru

https://www.colliers.co.nz/en-nz/pro...nd/nzl67014021

If this piece of sh1t is worth $8M+GST...imagine what Sky would get for their 26,500sqm property (net lettable area 9,300sqm)!

Of course, no listing yet and no doubt the property sale will have been kyboshed because Vocus will need the space to combine HO and also add in a Data Centre etc...

Advanced Member

https://www.colliers.co.nz/en-nz/pro...nd/nzl67014021

If this piece of sh1t is worth $8M+GST...imagine what Sky would get for their 26,500sqm property (net lettable area 9,300sqm)!

Of course, no listing yet and no doubt the property sale will have been kyboshed because Vocus will need the space to combine HO and also add in a Data Centre etc...
    I thought that was the listing, I almost camed.

Guru

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/sky-na...ck-ck-p-210556

Amazing to look back and see how things have changed over time.

As recently as 2017, Sky and Vocus were insulting each other in the media over piracy.

Vocus described the Sky Board as having "rocks in their head". Sky suggested Vocus NZ should check with their Aussie daddy before talking out of turn as Australia do expect blatant piracy sites to be blocked by ISPs (not sure how it actually works in Aus).

Sky's arguments have some merit, but going to war with the ISPs was just stupid. As was going to war with the media outlets for showing clips of sport...they always should have taken a collaborative approach since their monopoly power was non-existant.

And now here we are a few short years later, in a business partnership with none other than Vocus! Our partnership with Vocus is even closer than our Vodafone ties, and Vocus is worth so much more to Sky than Vodafone (with their paltry 40K paying VTV customers).

Our relationship with Vocus is only going to become deeper from here. How deep? I have some thoughts on that.

But what is important is that new management (for Sky) has been able to turn a foe into a very good friend.

I like it.