sharetrader
Page 585 of 1418 FirstFirst ... 854855355755815825835845855865875885895956356851085 ... LastLast
Results 5,841 to 5,850 of 14173

Quote Originally Posted by kyanar View Post
    Interesting. If you start browsing from their website at sky.co.nz, you'd be hard pressed to find Sky Sport Now - the only mention I see is a link in the footer of the page. Almost like they really don't want anyone subscribing to it.

Broadband bundles are certainly something that Foxtel has found some success with, though curiously they also bundle Netflix- an odd choice given they own a streaming service or two.

They are advertising it a lot on social media, or at least I'm getting lots of adds but I am the target market as a sports fan. It is a great service and beats piracy any day of the week but it is a difficult market with sports piracy so easy to get.

Interesting. If you start browsing from their website at sky.co.nz, you'd be hard pressed to find Sky Sport Now - the only mention I see is a link in the footer of the page. Almost like they really don't want anyone subscribing to it.

Broadband bundles are certainly something that Foxtel has found some success with, though curiously they also bundle Netflix- an odd choice given they own a streaming service or two.
    There is a tv advert on recently all about it. Free trial for sky sport now for 7 days. So I dont believe that is the case.

I'm not in the target audience and have seen the same advertising, I even HATE sports, but have seen it advertising and popping up everywhere (radio, billboards, FB, gmail etc)

Guru

I see they have done a pretty significant refresh of their website. Looks much better than before.

I think you are right that they should promote both NEON and Sky Sport NOW on Sky.co.nz - it shouldn't just focus on the satellite offering.

Re: NETFLIX - Sky are also looking at entertainment bundles that include a Netflix sub. Gotta give the consumers what they want.

Was at a mates placed the other day trying to watch the test thru some small box he had from Hong Kong (so free to watch - no sky)- a bit jittery when it was going - picture no where near mine from satellite, kept buffering.
    I think it would have ended up 3-4 minutes behind by half time if he did not 'restart' it every so often!
    he said usually a lot better than that, went home at half time to watch the rest

Anyway yes a bit of a spike in volume today - something must be up - then of course someone was selling as well!

Re: NETFLIX - Sky are also looking at entertainment bundles that include a Netflix sub. Gotta give the consumers what they want.[/QUOTE]

I have both Neon and netflix, finding Neon better than Netflix at the moment, they definately should expand on this.

Someone trying to keep the price below 0.150 forming an ascending triangle. Means more buyers than sellers but just consolidating due to accumulation/manipulation.. something is gonna happen soon.

Yeah but piracy hasnt been a viable argument to the demise of sky tv for like 10 years. Piracy has been around for as long as anyone can remember..

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Was at a mates placed the other day trying to watch the test thru some small box he had from Hong Kong (so free to watch - no sky)- a bit jittery when it was going - picture no where near mine from satellite, kept buffering.
    I think it would have ended up 3-4 minutes behind by half time if he did not 'restart' it every so often!
    he said usually a lot better than that, went home at half time to watch the rest
    This has always been my argument, the people who pirate, they won't buy sky regardless of what price, they just want to pirate, you can't shove a lubed toothpick up their arse.

If I have mates around for a big game, I sure as hell ain't going to risk things turning south because I refuse to fork out $25 or whatever it is.

Piracy is not a big competition.

Advanced Member

I think mistaTea might be right all along. Will post more details shortly when I'm at work.